Author Topic: Mollyjoggers  (Read 2841 times)

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Mollyjoggers
« on: November 21, 2013, 03:41:17 PM »
I wanted to post this site, it is a Fayetteville, AR based Web company with ties to SW Missouri. A mix of outdoors, history, and folklore in the Ozarks Region. Hope you like it:     www.mollyjoggers.com
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Mollyjoggers
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 04:41:37 PM »
Web based only?  Do they have a store front?  The hubs would like that!

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 07:20:53 PM »
Web based only, I think I recently saw an article in the Arkansas Democrat Gazette that said they were toying with the idea of some retail locations, or perhaps placement of their products in some already existing retail outlets...it would be nice to see this stuff in Bass Pro and so on.

"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 07:27:37 PM »
I love the Riverdale paddles.  If they were at Bass Pro, Scheels, etc. I would take a look at one to hang on the wall.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2013, 12:15:23 AM »
In case you have not visited the Website, I want to encourage you to check out their "story" for a little background on the company.

This is from the introduction to Vance Randolph's 1951 book of Ozarks tall tales titled, "We Always Lie to Strangers"

"A group called the Mollyjoggers, organized by Cy H. Patterson in Greene County, Missouri, about 1895, was chiefly devoted
          to the telling of tall tales, though considerable time was wasted on stud poker and practical jokes...John F. Dunckel wrote a
          book which included some of the yarns told around the campfire...the Mollyjoggers are all gone now...the Mollyjogger stories
          have been told and retold all over the Ozark country...the Mollyjogger campground was at the mouth of Findley Creek."

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2013, 08:35:47 AM »
Junior, I just love the word - Mollyjoggers!   :D  I think the hubs Christmas present will be coming from them.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2013, 08:49:09 AM »
The founder of the company apparently started it as a college project at SW Missouri State/Missouri State, and, although it took him years to fully implement it, it appears the little company has a good future. He claims he wants to keep the company very Ozarkian in nature. He loves the way the outdoors gear mixes with the storytelling and folklore and history of the area. They have exclusively developed some products, and have searched the country for the best of stuff from what has been previously only available in some other companies. Retail to some extent, is bound to be in the future, at least in some limited way.