Author Topic: Pictures from the Past!  (Read 9690 times)

Pintrader

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
Re: Pictures from the Past!
« Reply #105 on: November 07, 2018, 06:37:14 PM »
Is that the spot where the walk way turns right then goes down the steps to the loading station currently?

This guy is standing about midway where you watch the plunge from the platform today, and the mill which was the entrance.   I have another old picture from the internet that shows the entrance to the old Float Trip.   The entrance is right behind the man sitting down.  Sorry about the quality of the picture,  but the answer to your question is no.  The loading today is on the other side of the mill in these pictures.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4820/30817419047_e7734ff2ca_o.jpg

So in other words, this guy and the entrance to the old ride is basically the exit for the current ride

The entrance to the old Float Trip is sealed.....you would go directly into the mill.  Today when you exit, you walk behind the mill along the trail and up on the platform to exit or watch boats go under you.  So yes, today you could pretty much touch people entering the old Float Trip as you exit today.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 06:42:34 PM by Pintrader »

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 07, 2018, 07:39:32 PM »
You know where the water wheel is at the AP.  That's the same building, I think they used to have water sluces for that water wheel but I dont think any more.

Pintrader

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 08, 2018, 08:16:19 AM »
You know where the water wheel is at the AP.  That's the same building, I think they used to have water sluces for that water wheel but I dont think any more.

I believe that water sluce is still there turning that wheel unless they have took it out recently.  Just not everyday it's working.