Silver Dollar City & Celebration City Discussion > SDC Memories/ Park History

Pictures from the Past!

(1/31) > >>

Junior:
Let's take another trip back in time! Over the winter months, I sometimes post photos of "the Silver Dollar City we all remember from our youth." I wanted to start the 2013-14 winter season with photos of craftsmen and women from the 1960's-1980's.
-
"You have a Great Past Ahead of You!"
-
http://www.flickr.com/photos/juniordugan 

Duelist:
Wow!!!  Excellent pictures!  Thanks Junior!

Gilligan:
Junior, You need to put together a book!  There are enough people who remember the old days and wish for its return.  Great photos! Until you look at photos like these, you don't realize how much the park has actually changed.  I really miss all the crafters, but I think mostly I miss the old signage.  It had such character.

Junior:
Duelist and Gilligan, thanks for the nice comments. Think of how many of those crafts no longer are exhibited or sold at the park. Many things have changed over the years. In the weeks and months to come, I'll post old photos of some of the "lost" rides, shows, and attractions at the park. That will really jog some folks and take them down memory lane. I encourage anyone with a bunch of old photos to post them here, I love looking at stuff, especially things I have not seen before, or in a long time. POST AWAY! :)

History Buff:
I haven't forgotten a relatively recent survey that included options for some major craft-type additions.  Think they decided to go a different direction, or might those still be in the works?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version