Author Topic: Running to the Lights 5K  (Read 4855 times)

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Running to the Lights 5K
« on: November 08, 2013, 09:38:33 AM »
Hey! I've been sprung from the slammer (aka rehab center) a month earlier than expected thanks to the good ol' insurance co. that decided I was fit enough to be on my own and won't pay for further rehab.   :D  I convinced the hubs that I could make the trip to Branson, but after two days at home I have to admit he was right - I'm not ready for traveling!  I did tell Home Healthcare that I would be out of town a couple days for a race, and the response was, "You wanna do WHAT???"  At least I had a chance to laugh!  ;D

A shout out to Cinda @ Running to the Lights who is mailing my race packet to me so that I can at least have my t-shirt!   What a great organization!  If you are going, please post pics.  This will be the first year that I have missed the race. *sadness*  I will be at home sitting in my wheelchair waiting for pics! (Are you feeling sorry for me yet?)  ;D

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Running to the Lights 5K
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 10:07:34 AM »
HEY!!!  congrats on early parole.!! ;)

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 10:14:43 AM »
Thanks, Sand!  It's both wonderful to be home and scary at the same time since my movements are still restricted.  Stupid insurance company!

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 04:00:59 PM »
I'll take what I can tonight at the race!

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 10:16:35 PM »
Well I have been in a whirlwind of work lately, but I was able to make it down to race, and then at 6 the next morning...leave for JC MO. Not exactly how I would have liked it, especially since it was 70* on Sat!

The race was a bit chilly to start, but I ran about the same pace as last year. That's great for me since I have not been able to run a 5K since this summer. I am a former high school state  track and field runner and a collegiate cross country runner and NCAA coach (yes I am very blessed!) BUt I have had some bad times this past 6 years. I ran about 8 minutes slower than my PR (personal record) but it was nice seeing my wife doe well (yes VERY WELL!!! she won!) here is her blog about the race.

http://theconcreterunner.com/race-recap-run-to-the-lights-5k-2/

I will post some more pics when I am done with a bunch of student govt. trips this weekend!

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 06:04:59 AM »
You and your wife are alpha dogs...talented and good at what you do, no matter what you do! I'd call you both Rennassance men, but I can't spell Rennassance...I'm sure you can correct me! HA! Congratulations on the race and glad you all did well. God bless and all best wishes! :)
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2013, 08:24:55 AM »
Rube, grats to you and the wife.....

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2013, 08:43:20 AM »
Thanks for posting about the race!  And, WOW, what a great win for your wife!! I enjoyed reading her blog about it.  Hoping my shirt arrives in the mail soon!

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2013, 04:04:53 PM »
R-E-N-A-I-S-S-A-N-C-E !

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2013, 05:05:17 PM »
HA!  ;D  Thanks so much! I just knew you would know that! ;D
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2013, 08:52:40 AM »
My t-shirt came yesterday!  I'm so excited!  I'll be the only one in rehab today wearing a 5K Running to the Lights marathon shirt!!  ;D ;D ;D

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2014, 10:24:07 AM »
Anyone running the race Friday night?