Author Topic: Purchasing SDC products  (Read 3498 times)

Baldknobber

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
Purchasing SDC products
« on: July 13, 2008, 10:22:27 PM »
I was wondering, since I now live in Florida, if SDC has a site to where you might be able to make online purchases and have them shipped of their items that they sell in the park? I would be interested in certain things like taffy, candles, Sullivan's Mill products, Brown's Candy Factory products, etc...I am open to about anything, but can't find out if they do this or not.
If not, has there ever been talk about it happening? I would think that would be 1 way to make some extra $$$ off of people who can't visit the park as often as they would like.

sdcforever

Re: Purchasing SDC products
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 08:49:32 AM »
Unfortunately, I don't think SDC has an online store.  The closest thing to that is their new Pin Trading Online, but even with that you browse designs online and then make your purchase in person at the Hospitality House.

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Silver Dollar City Photo Group on Flickr
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 09:03:50 AM »
I get Brown's stuff in the mail from my mom quite often.  I can tell you since I'm in the same Florida predicament as you Baldknobber, there's about a 50/50 chance of mr. Sunshine melting your peanut butter fudge.
You've Got A Great Past Just Ahead Of You!

sdcforever

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 09:08:23 AM »
^Betamike, that reminds me of something.

Baldknobber, if you know someone who visits the park they can order stuff for you and have it shipped to you.  They can set that up in the shop where they make the purchase.  You could pay them back or give them the money in advance.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 10:50:44 AM »
There used to be a way to get stuff online at the sdc website, but I cannot seem to find it anymore.  I guess that has left us as well as other things they used to do.
SWOOSH

Old Guy

• Citizen
  • The Author as a Boy
    • View Profile
    • Withe and Stone
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 11:27:20 AM »
"Loved on Four Contenents!"

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 12:48:53 PM »
Hmm, I doubt anything you're looking for would be on there but maybe you could try Ebay just to see. Of course your taffy and candy and things would never make it there but if your wanting merchandise maybe.

I actually don't know of any theme park that sells online merchandise, do you guys?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 12:50:19 PM by Coaster »
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 03:49:27 PM »
^Almost every park in the Cedar Fair chain does.  Disney also does to a certain extent -- but it is mainly the Disneyana stuff, like pins and stuff like that.
SWOOSH

Old Guy

• Citizen
  • The Author as a Boy
    • View Profile
    • Withe and Stone
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 04:29:28 PM »
Did you know you can get into SDC for free? There is such thing as a shoppers pass. You leave your deposit up front, and if you return within an hour of so it is retuned. Great if you just want to run in to get something. Not advertised but it exists none the less.

SDC is nothing if not accomodating. If you called the merchandice dept. with a request I'm sure they will do their best to help you with an order over the phone. Worth a try.

"Loved on Four Contenents!"