Author Topic: NW AR crafts fairs  (Read 1757 times)

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
NW AR crafts fairs
« on: October 20, 2013, 02:32:49 PM »
 :D I am one of the "blue hairs" who led (along with my wife) some of the nieces and their kids around War Eagle Farm Show, War Eagle Mill Show, Sharps Show, and John Q. Hammons/Embassy Suites Show in Rogers over the weekend. I was very pleasantly surprised to see Mary Bowman with a big booth at the War Eagle Mill Show. I stopped to chat briefly with her and look at her work. Mary is the lady who studied under Pete Engler for 20 years, and was HANDPICKED by Pete to take over his Peter Engler Designs shop at Grand Village in Branson. Her woodcarvings are well done, and she had a big selection of Christmas carvings for sale. Her prices were significantly reduced from what I've seen at the Grand Village shop. She was there with her daughter, and I think her mother. They had many people browsing at their booth, and it appeared sales were brisk. A cool, but good weekend for the arts and crafts shows in NW Arkansas. I favor the three combined shows at War Eagle because of the historic location at the mill/bridge/river. It also is the oldest show, celebrating 60 years this year, and features the high end stuff that is a bit out of my financial reach, but I love looking at the stuff. I did buy a book from Ms. Bowman, and the nieces and their kids waddled out of there with packages and bags, and had a great time, too!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"