Author Topic: White Water's 2009 Project  (Read 15907 times)

sdcforever

Re: White Water's 2009 Project
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2009, 10:38:29 PM »
Anyone been to WW this year?  Just curious what the new entry way looks like.  I wonder if they have any new attractions planned for 2010?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2009, 10:42:25 PM »
Isn't the new entry a year old?  ???
SWOOSH

sdcforever

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2009, 09:39:18 AM »
^Oh, yeah.  You're right.  I'm off a year.  I've only seen construction photos of the new entrance, though.  Anyone have photos of it completed?  I hope they have something planned for 2010.  I haven't heard any WW news in a long, long time.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2009, 11:09:26 AM »
From all the advertising pushing it this year, one would think they are having trouble getting bodies through the gate to go to the park.  I know the only reason why we'd go a couple times a year was because we had the All-City Pass... well now that that is in the pass, we only have SDC passes so we don't go there (WWB) anymore.
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2009, 01:19:39 PM »
The park needs a serious revitalization to really attract people again. There are simply too many better  waterparks than WWB, so there's no need to spend valuable branson time there.

A complete re-theme and a new slide tower would bring back attention to the park. Wouldn't be out of line considering they did the same thing with Splash Island this year, and WWB is much older.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2009, 01:29:53 PM »
Well I thought that was going to be ultimate goal when they started with the new entrance area last... the re-theme.  Why they didn't continue that trend this year is beyond me (poor economy is not a viable excuse to make upgrades to the infrastructure of your park).

Personally I would take out Bermuda Triangle as it takes up too much valuable land space and put in a large ProSlide Tornado slide.. they could expand into the parking lot if need be, but I think at the very least a Tornado should be added.  Then after that, open the ProSlide catalogue and order anything they don't have. 
SWOOSH

sdcforever

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2009, 01:58:42 PM »
They're trying to entice people in other ways right now.  They're doing Night Water this year.  Aug. 17, 19, and 21 you can pay $20 to have access to WWB from 4-10 PM.  I think this is a variation of what they did last year, when it coincided with SDC's Moonlight Madness; it does not coincide this year, however.
(http://www.bransonwhitewater.com/you-should-know/default.aspx?id=517)

They're also heavily advertising the Splash & Play package for WWB and SDC.  (http://www.bransonsilverdollarcity.com/offers-packages/default.aspx?id=252).

I agree with you both and think they really need a new attraction or two to excite people about WWB again.  I really hope they have something planned for next year, since it will be the 30th anniversary of the park.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2009, 02:27:45 PM »
Those ways of enticing people sound like acts of desperation to me.
SWOOSH

crsjrr

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2009, 03:44:42 PM »
Our visits to SDC our always multiple day visits, but WW were usually for a single afternoon.   We felt the park was small and lacked attractions for those in our group (adults) who didn't want to stay wet all day.  Maybe more theme and boardwalk attractions.   How about in indoor lounge/show?   

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2009, 04:05:15 PM »
We only got the SDC pass this year since CC was closed, as well. We went last year twice, but only for two hours at a time--once at opening and once two hours before closing.  We took a small trip in August last year, and it was so hot!  Yes, it's a water park, but the water coming out of the sidewalk sprinklers was colder than the water in the attractions.  I realize that's what happens in the summer, but add the hot sun beating on you and it's just not that fun.

This park could also be open later at night all summer.  We have more fun when the hot sun is not involved.  We loved Moonlight Madness last week.  We could have stayed until midnight.  With CC closed, we are at a loss on what to do with ourselves in the evening, even though that wasn't really open very late.  We are night people by nature; my husband works overnights as a RT at a hospital.  I hope HFE continues to provide more evening options for families.  I can only go shopping so long...

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2009, 09:30:56 PM »
I'm watching a show on the Travel Channel that features the world's best waterparks.  It only magnifies how far White Water has fallen behind the other waterparks in the country. WW is in serious need of a makeover with a healthy infusion of new slides.  There's so much they could do to improve the park if they just put the effort and money in it. With its highly visible location, it could really be a jewel if they worked at it.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2009, 12:00:54 AM »
The problem with White Water is the fact that it is pretty much land locked.  You have Mickey Gilley to the south.  Hwy 76 to the west. Pat Nash Drive to the north and then the parking lot to the east.

Now you could expand into the parking lot, but the new entrance sort of made that a little more difficult due to its location, so what do you do?
SWOOSH

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2009, 12:20:16 AM »
Replace CC with an amazing aquarium and water park!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2009, 01:16:32 AM »
...with a wooden coaster  ;D
SWOOSH

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2009, 04:45:26 PM »
Heck yah! A type of Coney Island 1912 theme… It could work.