Author Topic: BAF Passes are GONE???  (Read 8869 times)

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: BAF Passes are GONE???
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2013, 10:33:00 AM »
The only way I could afford to take my kids is the BAF. My oldest boys don't really want to go to SDC anymore though. I got to take my daughter twice in a row this summer because I older boys bailed on me.  :(

OutlawRun

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2013, 03:45:45 PM »
2014 Season Pass details have been released.  BAF vouchers will be available next year.

http://www.silverdollarcity.com/2014seasonpass?sd=1&cid=eml_000522#.UnQR2SdcymQ
You have a great past ahead of you!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2013, 04:10:35 PM »
nice catch, although it doesn't specifically spell out the BAF time periods...  it does look like the price is about 5 or 6 dollar high?

I was thinking 73.00 last year? correct or not?

notice the new logo? " Celebrating the red white and blue".........  "keeping the centennial alive"? odd time for that with 2014 coming up, that's 38 years? ideas?

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2013, 07:43:43 PM »
Click on learn more... and then... View Benefits and it shows what each Guest Voucher is for each type of pass.  Notice the 2 Park Super Pass now has a voucher (Free: April 5 - December 30 not valid 11/28 & 29) so if you were wanting to bring someone in the times the other vouchers are not valid now you can.  You can also not use your $20 MM voucher and just use the free one if you want.

http://www.silverdollarcity.com/spben.aspx

warp9p65

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2013, 10:17:53 PM »
Got my 2014 SDC season pass tonight.  It's $79 plus tax and includes several BAF tickets.  Was told that next year the BAF tickets can be taken directly to the turn styles at the entrance, without having to exchange the vouchers for an actual ticket at the ticket booth.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2013, 07:00:39 AM »
WOW..  nice upgrade>>>.....

Hmmmm? I wonder? do they still have to be checked in with original purchaser??  (ie SP holder?)

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2013, 12:10:45 AM »
Yes that is nice when you can take your friends straight thru the "ticket takers". I always wondered why you had to go thru ticket buyers line.  going straight to takers makes more sense.
Sanddune-cant say what the rules will be at SDC, but at SFSL, YES-you have to go thru takers with your friend if using a BAF.
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2013, 07:32:19 AM »
Verified---

SP holder must be with BAF going through the gate..

Not much easier than that,.! :D

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2013, 06:43:27 PM »

Well I hate to disagree, but it was much easier before the rule change a couple of years ago when we still got true BAF passes. Yes, they did say passholder was supposed to accompany you, but it was never checked. We've hashed over this several times about the fraud, the BAF's being sold on E-bay, etc. so I won't get into that again. They had their reasons for changing and their reasons were valid. However the times we took people using the vouchers (BAF's 2.0) I found it a lot less hassle than I expected, only spent a couple of minutes at the ticket booth and we were good to go. It does sound like now they are either returning to the old way, or going to check each BAF 3.0 at the turnstyle with the matching passholder. I'm not sure how well that is going to work, sounds like it might jam up the turnstyles if they are actually doing it. Hopefully it works out.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2013, 06:46:18 PM »
nice catch, although it doesn't specifically spell out the BAF time periods...  it does look like the price is about 5 or 6 dollar high?

I was thinking 73.00 last year? correct or not?

notice the new logo? " Celebrating the red white and blue".........  "keeping the centennial alive"? odd time for that with 2014 coming up, that's 38 years? ideas?

I was wondering the same thing myself. 1976-2014?????? Don't quite get the connection here.

As for the price, if you buy 6 at a time like I do, you get $2 off. Makes having 4 kids all the more worthwhile. ;D ;D ;D

BTW are you guys going down for Thanksgiving? We won't be going to the City but I'm hoping I can get a trip to Branson in. Wouldn't mind visiting with you again if you're around.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 06:49:37 PM by thelarsonsix »
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2013, 07:55:23 PM »
Larson, I will be there thanksgiving weekend, will be at homestay of course. 

in sat morning, be in town until Monday morning..bringing friend with us and have a full schedule... as we get closer to the weekend lets see if we can meet up....

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2013, 06:41:50 PM »
Larson, I will be there thanksgiving weekend, will be at homestay of course. 

in sat morning, be in town until Monday morning..bringing friend with us and have a full schedule... as we get closer to the weekend lets see if we can meet up....

Im not positive we're going to make it, but that sounds good. We (or most likely I  ;D ) can run up to the hotel and say hi when you're free. I'll check with you as it gets closer as well.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 06:42:58 PM by thelarsonsix »