Author Topic: Cajun Connection  (Read 4300 times)

RJW

• View Profile
Cajun Connection
« on: September 25, 2013, 05:30:08 PM »

I really hate to say this, but why are they still there.
The first step down the hill was years ago when they were booted out of the Riverfront Playhouse, and stuck in an outside venue. But they still did a great job even if the show was shorter, and the audience could be suffering from heat exhaustion of freezing!
Then Louis left! to paraphrase an Alabama hit "If you're gonna play in Branson, ya gotta have a fiddle in the band!"
Next to leave, I think, was if I get the name right Terral, or something like that. Both a great comedian, and dance partner for Kelly. Beautiful to watch them in a Cajun waltz. With Kelly leaving a while back, now no comedian, or dancers.
At least when I went to SDC last Sunday they have toned down the Rock 'N Roll of the Beach Boy wannabe keyboard player. Not saying he isn't a good singer, and keyboard player. Nor that I don't like Rock N' Roll. I just thought the songs that he did didn't fit in with a "Cajun" show.
I just wish that Cedric, if he has control over the show, or the SDC talent coordinator, if they have such person, would revamp the show, get a fiddle player, comedian, and dancer, and bring back the "good ole days" of the Cajun Connection.
Probably asking waaaay too much to have them back in the riverfront Playhouse for a longer show.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Cajun Connection
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 08:05:18 PM »
well the 1st thing thay could do to improve the existing show is to...turn down the volume!!  MAN!! it is just too louds and when he sings/screams it is bad.......................IMO.... ;)

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 12:15:19 AM »
I sort of like Ol Cedric and gang, however I wouldnt miss them much either. In a nutshell, I would like to see a complete revamp of all the shows (Well the saloon show got their revamp this season) but the rest could use a little facelift I think.
I also agree during extreme weather months, why not bring these outside to the comfortable indoor areas. Why is the playhouse and red gold sitting dark at times when the boatworks is always busy. I do understand the gazebo-that is an attraction in itself, but the others should go inside when the festivals are gone.

I wish we could get the old street shows back also.
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 07:27:44 AM »
qwed, I am sure the reason the "home town bands" don't use OH or RGH or the Playhouse is the cost of utilities to keep the lights on, AC running or heat running..

I agree with you, but I see the dilemma with the PTB

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 09:50:43 AM »
Bring in more street shows and local musicians. Didn't Danny Eakon just walk around and play years ago?

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 01:08:46 PM »
Yes, Danny did walk around and sing and tell stories. Now with the Homestead Pickers, he stays put, but Frisco Jack Farrow wanders around with his Martin and still tells stories and sings.

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2013, 11:39:29 PM »
I would be sad to see them go.  Last visit the riverfront was overflowing when they were playing an early afternoon show.
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2013, 07:43:58 PM »
There was a man and woman dancing on the stage when we walked by one of the afternoon shows on 10/2.