Author Topic: Kids Fest at Silver Dollar City  (Read 12412 times)

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Silver Dollar City Photo Group on Flickr
Re: Kids Fest at Silver Dollar City
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2008, 05:37:28 PM »
Yeah, sorry for driving the OT-ness of the previous few posts.    ;)

I might be mistaken but I think the Nickelodeon era began in 1992 or there-abouts. I seem to remember it was my first summer working for the City.
You've Got A Great Past Just Ahead Of You!

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2008, 04:11:43 PM »
We just completed a survey about Kids Fest.  Questions focused on the shows and Kid Concoctions.
We wanted to make comments about how this festival deviates from theme.  Has anyone else gotten this survey?
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

sdcforever

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2008, 10:12:45 PM »
^I don't know if anyone else has gotten the survey, but since they sent one out they must be pondering some changes.  I hope they make changes to steer it back toward SDC's theme.

Tom

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2008, 08:34:04 AM »
Sorry that it's taken me so long to read this and respond:

I have a 1, 4, and 5 year old.  They enjoyed the Kidsfest alot.  We've now gone to the Veggietale show twice.  Both times my kids sat their mesmorized by it. 

My thinking is that SDC knows that they can not reinvent thier own thinking thus they must hire out to create new ideas and new shows.  The idea is working- the park is packed- and a park that is set in the 1880s is selling to a new generation.

I'll stop there for fears of OT.  I wish I would have got in on the conversation while it was more appropriate.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2008, 09:24:59 PM »
^You aren't getting off topic. That is what this thread is about--Kids Fest.

Anyways, I wish I got these surveys! As I've said in the past, I think Kids Fest is a good thing for SDC. It might run too long, but it definitely is a money maker and it offers some great shows for the summer season. I wish I got the surveys so I could tell them my opinions on the festival in its entirety.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."