Author Topic: Photo Requests  (Read 7281 times)

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Silver Dollar City Photo Group on Flickr
Re: Photo Requests
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2008, 07:48:33 PM »
Thanks for posting these Zephon.  They used to have a really nice black and white series of photos of some of the citizens in there, have they removed those?  They were somewhat professionally done from what I remember.
You've Got A Great Past Just Ahead Of You!

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2008, 08:04:53 PM »
You're welcome.

Well, they do have the Wall of Fame.  These are color photos of people who have worked there long enough to qualify for profit sharing, which was 5 years, but now may be 3.  They started that display back in the 70's I think, so it's fun to go see pictures of employees as they appeared way back when.  They're categorized according to the year they started.  Mine was originally under 1976, but I left the company for a year so now it is under my return year.  I'm not sure they are too diligent in getting pictures of the newer people anymore.  It seems like the number of pictures doesn't grow much or very quickly anymore.

I considered taking pictures of those, but felt that, with the glass cases being so reflective and the individual pictures relatively small, they wouldn't turn out very well. 
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

DocSpeleo

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2008, 09:25:24 PM »
I submitted that "extra credit" photo to Steve for the site... I sent in pictures of Ada Mae, Mr. M Balmer and the Warden... I found Terry a few times in different costumes still need to get him as Doc Harris though...

sdcforever

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2008, 10:48:01 PM »
Great photos!  Thanks for sharing, Zephon!  Definitely worth the wait! ;D

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2008, 12:12:49 AM »
Wow that picture of "Butch" from the Flooded Mine is from awhile ago... he's a rather young man in that photo.  I'm surprised there is none of Rusty "Gunner" as both him and Butch have been working at the park for quite awhile and those two really perfected the current script used for Alphie and Ralphie on the Frisco.
SWOOSH

Old Guy

• Citizen
  • The Author as a Boy
    • View Profile
    • Withe and Stone
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2008, 10:38:11 AM »
Cool stuff, but still not the ones I remember. There were collages just inside the front doors of the lounge. One black and white with vintage shots like marshal Norm deputizing some kid, etc. The other was in color with a lot of 80"s shots. Are these gone?
"Loved on Four Contenents!"

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2008, 06:44:33 PM »
I remember the ones you're talking about, and sadly, they're not there any more.  There are a number of pictures up in the Admin building, maybe they are up there.  I'll have to check.
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2008, 07:06:30 PM »
Wow, thanks so much for those pictures Zephon. It was really cool. What I love about the employee pictures is seeing the look of joy by just--being there on everyone's face.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."