Author Topic: Wild River Country in NLR going to try snow park concept  (Read 3471 times)

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Re: Wild River Country in NLR going to try snow park concept
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 09:38:46 PM »
I think they have been struggling for some time now, and maybe this is another attempt to keep things afloat. I wish them well.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 12:47:32 PM »
I think they have been struggling for some time now, and maybe this is another attempt to keep things afloat. I wish them well.

It's under new ownership, I actually read something out of central Arkansas that they were happy the results of their revamp and planning on a children's play area next summer. That's something it really needs considering Magic Springs addition this year. It was well maintained and clean on our visit there and the staff was friendly, helpful and happy it seemed. Whoever hired that group of teens did a great job.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 10:45:33 AM »
It is an interesting idea! Granted, Wild River County is only a money maker during the summertime. So it simply makes sense to have some sort of attraction during the winter months. Although, I'm concerned this might end up being more of a novelty than a true attraction year after year. It will be interesting to see! :)

oldsdcer

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 10:05:00 PM »
If the HFE is the Stone Mountain winter attraction that they are refering to, then why don't they bring something like this to Branson during Ozark Mountain Chirstmas?
SDC has always made a great past to remember

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 08:42:00 AM »
If the HFE is the Stone Mountain winter attraction that they are refering to, then why don't they bring something like this to Branson during Ozark Mountain Chirstmas?

They tinkered with the notion of doing it in Nashville in partnership with Gaylord at Opry Mills but Gaylord sold out and it got canceled. I had suggested it for a reopened Celebration City concept to help make it year round. Heck, Liberty University seems to be enjoying success with it's artificial surface snow boarding muontain that's a year round thing that screams to be part of an upscale resort.