Author Topic: CC's 2009 Project  (Read 18062 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
CC's 2009 Project
« on: July 03, 2008, 02:07:53 PM »
So now that we know the basics of SDC's 2009 plans, what's in store for CC? Will the park try to add more shows and shops in an effort to boost it's appearance of being the cheaper SDC alternative? Or will they finally spring for a large thrill ride to further reign in the budget thrill crowd?

It certainly has been a while since they built a true thrill ride, and that has already left the park. Roaring Falls was a fantastic addition, but it doesn't exactly portray anything that every other park already has a bigger & better version of. The park just doens't seem into thrill rides, however, as they have never run any type of campaign showcasing it. In fact, both parks seem pretty much transfixed on attracting mom's, which makes me thing more family rides and kiddie attrations are in the works, hopefully in additon to new shops and shows. 

Once again I'm going to say that it's time for the park to get a new brochure center piece, but it doesn't necesarily need to be a giant thrill ride. Remeber how Lance at Screamscape heard a rumor about Gerstauler having some sort of recent connection to SDC? Maybe a new spinning coaster is in the works - they have proven to be not only budget-friendly but also very big crowd pleasers. A new coaster sure would look good right now.   
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 02:08:38 PM by shavethewhales »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: CC's 2009 Project
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 02:10:59 PM »
Laser at Dorney Park is for sale.  That would be a good fit for the park, since we like all these "temporary carny looking rides"
SWOOSH

sdcforever

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 02:16:04 PM »
I think a spinning coaster would be a good addition to CC.  It doesn't have to be large, but it would certainly be unique and a new brochure centerpiece.  It wouldn't do much to detract from SDC, either.  I think that's the reason they don't really want any major thrill rides at CC.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 02:27:14 PM »
Sure why not -- get the same model that WOF & SFStL has -- might as well seeing that all three major amusement park players in MO will have GCI woodies next season.
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 02:31:07 PM »
Laser at Dorney Park is for sale.  That would be a good fit for the park, since we like all these "temporary carny looking rides"

That actualy wouldn't be too bad - CC does an excellent job cleaning up old fair rides (see the Stinger) AND it would be a cheap buy keeping their ticket prices low, not to mention the fact that Laser is a good all around ride that appears fairly scary to most while not actually being very intense.

sdcforever

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 02:36:56 PM »
^I didn't think about the benefits of buying a used ride.  HFE definitely does a good job refurbishing used rides, not only at CC but also at SDC and Dollywood (the log flume rides, Runaway-Ore-Carts, etc.)

But if they do decide to go with something like a spinning coaster that other parks have, that's okay.  If it works, it works.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 02:39:45 PM »
I think they should go and get Laser.  It is already listed for sale.

It's a great ride too with some major forces that the whole family can enjoy
SWOOSH

Johnny Boy

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • ...What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2008, 12:00:45 AM »
Oh the Laser would be great. I would just hope that they would paint it. I was kind of disappointed that they didn't paint Roaring Falls, you can see the rust and wear from the parking lot.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2008, 12:17:15 PM »
Well the Laser has been sold... I wonder to whom.
Wouldn't you just die if we are correct and HFEC bought it.

http://www.usedrides.com/viewpicture.asp?expire=90&type=1&owner=0&search=1&off=0&page=1&ref=34676&sessionint=True
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2008, 12:43:18 PM »
^I might. The more I think about it the more I realize how perfect it would fit in at CC. They would dress it up, maybe hide the bottom supports a little, and maybe even add a tunnel. It would be fantastic for their image, while staying within the price range that they want. I won't be surprised at all if this turns up in the CC parking lot over the winter.

The only thing is, this would be CC's third portable coaster. They'd need to really dress it up nicely to avoid too many remarks, but I guess it is more and more of a budget park anyway.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2008, 01:50:22 PM »
Well it would also fall into the "we will add something in 2009 that you Coaster Enthusiasts should enjoy" category.  He didn't say to which park when he said that last year at Coaster Christmas
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
SWOOSH

sdcforever

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2008, 10:11:04 PM »
^I like that idea.  It'd look great at CC and give a nice view of the surrounding hillsides.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2008, 04:29:41 PM »
Hey, for $50,000, I'm thinking about buying it and turning it into a house!

Nah!  Too many tornadoes.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Jason

• View Profile
    • www.coastercommunity.com
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2008, 08:48:14 PM »
I would love to see them pick up Laser.