Author Topic: OUTLAW RUN---New Restraints  (Read 28742 times)

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: OUTLAW RUN---New Restraints
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2013, 11:25:43 PM »
Shave, don't give him the time of day, don't respond - it only inflates his ego. You do not need him, we do not need him, the industry doesn't need him.

You have the power to delete any negative comments that he my leave, or any that his minions may also place on the site. It really is sad that kind of attitude exists in a grown man.

Ignoring it will not be a problem, but Chittlins has already offered to take Rob hunting....and if that happens, I want to go too!

Jay

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2013, 11:37:01 PM »
Shave, don't give him the time of day, don't respond - it only inflates his ego. You do not need him, we do not need him, the industry doesn't need him.

You have the power to delete any negative comments that he my leave, or any that his minions may also place on the site. It really is sad that kind of attitude exists in a grown man.

Ignoring it will not be a problem, but Chittlins has already offered to take Rob hunting....and if that happens, I want to go too!

Jay

He'd faint or his legs would get so tired that It wouldn't make it over a submerged log and drink some swamp water. But, I'd take him, pay for his license even. Doubt he's got a hunter's safety cert though. If I was really mean, I'd hit the shallow soft bottom. You wouldn't sink to China. just above your knee cap before you hit the hard clay pan but you would think you are.

ttroyer210

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2013, 12:12:52 AM »

Jay
So many Dick Cheney jokes just came into my head. Anyway back on topic I don't think the new restraints will be a huge deal it will make the ride a little more uncomfortable but if it makes the ride safer then I'm all for it.
Fire In The Hole!

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2013, 12:16:37 AM »
Ah Chitlins-why be so nice to ol Rob? ;D   I grew up around, and later driving dirt cars. Just let me take him for a friendly ride!  I don't have my Trans Am anymore, but my Son just about has his 383 ready to drop back in to his Trans Am.  Shoot that car could make  OR feel like Grannys Buick.   I would be more than happy to give Rob a tour of my area late at night.

You know what. I think Rob might really enjoy that hunting trip with you after I drive him to your place.  ;D ;D ;D
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2013, 12:33:28 AM »
OK you are right. Back on subject.  I don't blame anyone to make changes on the concern for safety.  I am not angry that I never got the chance to ride OR. "Maybe" a little jealous of those of you that did. (And YES, you can slice it any way you want, having been able to ride it at least once is better than never being able to).  Absolutely do not even try to argue that point. I am 100% accurate here and you know it!

Anyway I understand if the larger/taller riders may have been in danger before, then by all means, lets do something about it. Even if it means some of us may never ride it, I guess that is better than it being the "final ride"

I really do hope that HFE and RMC (and anyone else who can help), can come up with a plan to change/retrofit the cars so that they can accommodate various sizes of riders.  I mean all the coaster cars at SFSL has had different restraint systems since their inception (except maybe batman and the mine train). My point is--its not impossible. One thing about HFE is that they are nothing like Six flags or WOF. I do believe they are discussing possibilities daily, and I think we will see a different system by opening 2014.  I have confidence that this will be reconciled by then, and we can all ride again (for the first time).
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2013, 12:57:20 AM »
Reports from the folks on the TPR trip so far indicate that most people weren't affected. To me it sounds like a lot of the issues that some are having are stemming from being too tall for the shin guards as opposed to having guts that are too large. Again, this is probably something that could end up being adjusted again later on. We'll just have to see what happens.

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2013, 11:01:27 PM »
It would be interesting to see how this whole episode will effect HFE's thinking in deciding what attractions to add in the future...

I'm pretty sure the goal was not to limit their rider audience.  This can't be anything but frustrating for HFE.  For a park that boasts "family-friendly" rides, this effectively limits the riders to kids and teenagers.  A redesign must be in order.
Colorado SDC Fan

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2013, 11:20:57 PM »
When I was at the park earlier in the summer I ran into Brad Thomas on the observation deck watching people ride...he seemed to enjoy watching everybody have a blast...probably enjoyed that just about as much as he did riding it himself...I truly think he and the other PTB want their visitors to enjoy their experience to the fullest...their hands seemed to be tied to the red tape at this point but I truly think that they'll get things figured out quickly...the way I see it is they have to play the game for now and get things fixed so the ride can be enjoyed for many years down the road by it's visitors...if, not taking the necessary precautions right now, something were to happen and somebody was hurt or killed the ride would probably be closed and nobody would get to ride it ever...I'd hate to see it turn into an OzCat sitting in ruins...

OK you are right. Back on subject.  I don't blame anyone to make changes on the concern for safety.  I am not angry that I never got the chance to ride OR. "Maybe" a little jealous of those of you that did. (And YES, you can slice it any way you want, having been able to ride it at least once is better than never being able to).  Absolutely do not even try to argue that point. I am 100% accurate here and you know it!

Anyway I understand if the larger/taller riders may have been in danger before, then by all means, lets do something about it. Even if it means some of us may never ride it, I guess that is better than it being the "final ride"

I really do hope that HFE and RMC (and anyone else who can help), can come up with a plan to change/retrofit the cars so that they can accommodate various sizes of riders.  I mean all the coaster cars at SFSL has had different restraint systems since their inception (except maybe batman and the mine train). My point is--its not impossible. One thing about HFE is that they are nothing like Six flags or WOF. I do believe they are discussing possibilities daily, and I think we will see a different system by opening 2014.  I have confidence that this will be reconciled by then, and we can all ride again (for the first time).
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 11:21:45 PM by joshblakebran »
Colorado SDC Fan

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2013, 03:16:22 AM »
saw this on FB about 3 this morning.....  Hope it is all true..??

http://www.screamscape.com/html/silver_dollar_city.htm

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2013, 07:58:30 AM »
Yes, Blobb from Theme Park Revenue fit on the ride -- that is good news for all of us posters as Mr. Jabba the Hut is much bigger than all of us.  (and no, I cannot stand his Royal Lardness)
SWOOSH

oldsdcer

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2013, 08:57:16 AM »
I was at the park on Friday, (was behind one of the TPR guys, noticed his backpack), I was kicked of OR because the restraint would not go down to their satisfaction,(I am 5'7"and weight around 250#). The test car out front gave me the green light too. Yes I was upset with this since I rode twice in March. But I have to also admit that I have had issues with getting into the seats on WF in the past and this time found it much more tighter it was to get the restraints and saftey bars of TGS and the Gallion to lock. I guess this is going to give me even more incentive to lose weight now because I have been looking forward to being able to ride these coasters with the grandkids  now that they are getting big enough.
SDC has always made a great past to remember

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2013, 09:40:35 AM »
WOW!!  Swoosh!!. don't hold back!!.  tell us what u really think..!! ;)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2013, 10:00:16 AM »
That is just the tip of the iceberg.  I really was holding back.
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2013, 10:11:00 AM »
LMAO!!  DUDE!!!  I know your holding back..  good job.! since this is a family site, you probably should not tell us what you really think ;)

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2013, 10:26:50 AM »
I was at the park on Friday, (was behind one of the TPR guys, noticed his backpack), I was kicked of OR because the restraint would not go down to their satisfaction,(I am 5'7"and weight around 250#). The test car out front gave me the green light too. Yes I was upset with this since I rode twice in March. But I have to also admit that I have had issues with getting into the seats on WF in the past and this time found it much more tighter it was to get the restraints and saftey bars of TGS and the Gallion to lock. I guess this is going to give me even more incentive to lose weight now because I have been looking forward to being able to ride these coasters with the grandkids  now that they are getting big enough.

See it's not so much about weight but how that is distributed on your frame.

What you likely will not see is Alvey post what Lance did (well he may now but that will not fit his poor narrative of this Fantastic Pro SDC site. And.... since I know they read the board, a email to your season pass holders or updates on social media like Facebook and EVEN HERE or through Swoosh's Blog during this whole thing and providing updates would have been PRO ACTIVE, instead it was reactive or just plain hushed. It's good to know that HFCs email system was down at he beginning of the week ;) ;D

Alvey must be a PETA member or touchy about man boobs cause that post got me permanently banned. I'm going to lose sleep.

Wonder if he scarfed down some fried twinkies or snickers bars at the Texas State Fair.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 10:35:02 AM by chittlins »