Author Topic: OUTLAW RUN---New Restraints  (Read 28734 times)

emmabugsmama

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
Re: OUTLAW RUN---New Restraints
« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2013, 11:26:29 AM »
I didn't fit in the left side but did on the right in the front.  In the back I fit in both.
I'm gettin' outta here, no matter what!

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2013, 11:40:47 AM »
I didn't fit in the left side but did on the right in the front.  In the back I fit in both.

Was this last weekend or this weekend? We are only planning two to three more trips to SDC this year, once to take my Brother and his family on a Sun after a Razorback game and again during OTC using our BOF. My Brother is 6'3 and 270 but runs 5Ks.

We need to keep a record  as to which seats settings are more forgiving than others, I love the back, so good news. Was it the very back row?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 11:53:10 AM by chittlins »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #62 on: August 04, 2013, 12:59:57 PM »
I absolutely do not want to see any more grudges dug up against Robb on here. I'm certainly perturbed by him at this point and think he stirs up drama, but I don't want that to spread any more than it has.

Let's agree that the situation with OR's seats seems to be evolving and that the park is doing the best it can to accommodate everyone as it deals with increased (and unwarranted) scrutiny.

EDIT - Furthermore, "flaming" is not allowed on this site, even if the person being flamed isn't even a member. I'm certainly guilty of being disparaging myself from time to time, but some of these posts have crossed the line.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 01:23:55 PM by shavethewhales »

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 04, 2013, 02:23:51 PM »
When I was at the park earlier in the summer I ran into Brad Thomas on the observation deck watching people ride...he seemed to enjoy watching everybody have a blast...probably enjoyed that just about as much as he did riding it himself...I truly think he and the other PTB want their visitors to enjoy their experience to the fullest...their hands seemed to be tied to the red tape at this point but I truly think that they'll get things figured out quickly...the way I see it is they have to play the game for now and get things fixed so the ride can be enjoyed for many years down the road by it's visitors...if, not taking the necessary precautions right now, something were to happen and somebody was hurt or killed the ride would probably be closed and nobody would get to ride it ever...I'd hate to see it turn into an OzCat sitting in ruins...

OK you are right. Back on subject.  I don't blame anyone to make changes on the concern for safety.  I am not angry that I never got the chance to ride OR. "Maybe" a little jealous of those of you that did. (And YES, you can slice it any way you want, having been able to ride it at least once is better than never being able to).  Absolutely do not even try to argue that point. I am 100% accurate here and you know it!

Anyway I understand if the larger/taller riders may have been in danger before, then by all means, lets do something about it. Even if it means some of us may never ride it, I guess that is better than it being the "final ride"

I really do hope that HFE and RMC (and anyone else who can help), can come up with a plan to change/retrofit the cars so that they can accommodate various sizes of riders.  I mean all the coaster cars at SFSL has had different restraint systems since their inception (except maybe batman and the mine train). My point is--its not impossible. One thing about HFE is that they are nothing like Six flags or WOF. I do believe they are discussing possibilities daily, and I think we will see a different system by opening 2014.  I have confidence that this will be reconciled by then, and we can all ride again (for the first time).

I maintain faint hope for OzCat. Kentucky Kingdom is reopening and Thunder Run that has been SBNO longer than OZCat will reopen next year after a overhaul by, wait for it, RMC. And... they apparently are going to work on Twisted Twins for 2016. That's the one rebuild to watch as it's a dueling woodie.

Super

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 04, 2013, 05:57:38 PM »
I have rode OR twice.  Each time my 6'5" size 15 feet hardly could get in the ride.  My shins were so bruised each time, I decided not to ride it any longer.  It hurts.  Give me WF any time.  Sorry I'm not impressed with OR. 

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 04, 2013, 06:14:50 PM »
I have rode OR twice.  Each time my 6'5" size 15 feet hardly could get in the ride.  My shins were so bruised each time, I decided not to ride it any longer.  It hurts.  Give me WF any time.  Sorry I'm not impressed with OR. 

This is what most complain about and the lack of padding on the sides of the restraint. This should be viewed as nothing but constructive criticism. On a sidenote, has anyone out there heard about the ride quality of the non OTSRs on the newer Gerstlauer Eurofighters trains like that one down at Galveston. Mystery Mine has OTSR and I've seen some banging complaints common place across the industry. I remember my rides on the Revolution at Liberty Land and the double corkscrew on that Arrow was like being in a boxing match with George Frazier. So much so I don't whine about Vekomas.

emmabugsmama

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2013, 11:50:25 AM »
I didn't fit in the left side but did on the right in the front.  In the back I fit in both.

Was this last weekend or this weekend? We are only planning two to three more trips to SDC this year, once to take my Brother and his family on a Sun after a Razorback game and again during OTC using our BOF. My Brother is 6'3 and 270 but runs 5Ks.

We need to keep a record  as to which seats settings are more forgiving than others, I love the back, so good news. Was it the very back row?
it was the weekend of the 26th when they made the changes
I'm gettin' outta here, no matter what!

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2013, 01:18:47 AM »
Well I think it is the lenght of your legs, and the size of your thighs that basically determine whether or not you ride OR now. 

I did fit in the restraints with room to spare. I am about 5-10 with a 38"-40" waist. However my thighs are not very big around, and my legs are not real long.  A lady sat in the test seat before me. She was shorter. Probably weighed about what I weigh. Her legs was not long either, but her thighs were real big around. She did NOT get the green light.

It really is hard to determine who will/wont fit. Just go up and sit in the test seat.

Having rode it now. I certainly understand WHY the new regulations.  I agree with others now. I "believe" seat belts would eliminate any future problems. Either full belts around the waist, OR (like "Freeze" at SFSL) just a seat belt (per say) attched to the restraint (lap bar) itself. That would prevent the bar from raising up at all.
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2013, 09:50:01 AM »
Well I think it is the lenght of your legs, and the size of your thighs that basically determine whether or not you ride OR now. 

I did fit in the restraints with room to spare. I am about 5-10 with a 38"-40" waist. However my thighs are not very big around, and my legs are not real long.  A lady sat in the test seat before me. She was shorter. Probably weighed about what I weigh. Her legs was not long either, but her thighs were real big around. She did NOT get the green light.

It really is hard to determine who will/wont fit. Just go up and sit in the test seat.

Having rode it now. I certainly understand WHY the new regulations.  I agree with others now. I "believe" seat belts would eliminate any future problems. Either full belts around the waist, OR (like "Freeze" at SFSL) just a seat belt (per say) attched to the restraint (lap bar) itself. That would prevent the bar from raising up at all.

At this point I would be surprised if they didn't make the necessary changes for next year.  Has to be a lot of grumbling, not only from those who "can't" ride, but also those who can and get bruised up.  This is a great ride and I wouldn't think adding seat belts, etc, would be too difficult.  Of course, though, what do I know about roller coasters?
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2013, 02:20:03 PM »

This sounds troubling for those that could leg press 650+lbs.  :-[

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2013, 04:24:25 PM »
cheapest and easiest fix would be to add seatbelts

Sungod

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 12, 2013, 08:30:32 PM »
Got to the park today and wasn't able to ride since it was just me and my 6 year old (we did ride TNT 11 times though). I was able to get up to the test seat to see what the verdict was. As long as the test seat matches the actual trains, the tall guys should still be ok. Like I've said earlier, I go 6'8" and have always had the shin bar pressing into me. I got the green light with a few extra inches to spare.