Author Topic: BSF Trenches?  (Read 8552 times)

OzarkOutlaw

• View Profile
BSF Trenches?
« on: July 21, 2013, 04:34:39 PM »
I Rode PK this past week and i noticed that the old BSF trenches had been drained. Also the left side of the trench you plunge through at the bottom of the drop looked like it had been demolished... Are they getting rid of them? ???
Watch out, it's gonna blow!

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: BSF Trenches?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 05:45:31 PM »
They were that way 2 months ago.  Apparently nothing has changed

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 10:11:18 AM »
I say, take them out! They always looked like an unfinished part of the ride anyway. :)

Thunderation

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 04:47:29 PM »
^ ^ ^
AMEN!! ;D
You have a great past ahead of you.

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 11:28:15 AM »
Anything that does not work or is no longer structurally sound (treehouse :( )should probably be taken out or fixed.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 01:56:17 PM »
When talking about the tree house, I wonder how hard it could be to remove what is there, and redesign from the ground up a new tree house that would be handicapped accessible and with steel support set in concrete that would last longer? It has been such a popular attraction over the years. I hate to see the old thing just sit there unused. Maybe with the closing of Jack's Sandwich Shop, the park will use that little area for redevelopment. We will see when it happens, I guess.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 10:48:54 AM »
Remove the tree house? Blasphemy! :o ;)

If nothing else, at least the tree house adds character to the area. As far as Powder Keg, all of the old water channels need to be removed if they aren't going to modify them for special effects, or anything. Since the ride is just shy of being a decade old, it may be time to just take them out, and cover them up.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2013, 11:00:28 AM »
Yep, build a cave, structure or something over it.

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2013, 01:14:39 PM »
That part of the ride is a little more than a decade old isn't it? I thought that it was a holdover from Buzzsaw falls.

I would love to see the Treehouse rebuilt. It would probably be very expensive though. More Blesphemy, but I don't think SDC needs any new coasters right now. I would like to see them go about five years and just rebuild / redesign the old rides.

What do y'all say?

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2013, 10:07:57 AM »
That part of the ride is a little more than a decade old isn't it? I thought that it was a holdover from Buzzsaw falls.

You are correct. Early speculation was that they were going to reuse the old part of Buzzsaw Falls for special effects, and such. Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on your preference, that never happened. :-\ :)

Thunderation

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2013, 12:09:15 PM »
HFEC needs to make up their mind then. Tear them down or do something with them. There are already plenty of BSF artifacts that were themed to the ride.   
You have a great past ahead of you.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2013, 03:40:04 PM »
They don't need to do anything. Why bother taking them out when they haven't been hurting anything for almost the last decade? That's a pretty big expense for something that most people don't really notice. The lagoon isn't as pretty as they had originally wanted it to be, but honestly no one can see it except when you're coming into PK's break run.

OzarkOutlaw, in your orignal post on this thread you reference the "trenches" at the base of the drop on PK. Those were actually part of a water effect that was built with PK, not as part of BSF. I noticed they demolished one side this year and left the other side for some reason. Not sure what that was about, but maybe they just needed access for some reason.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2013, 09:26:53 PM »
They don't need to do anything. Why bother taking them out when they haven't been hurting anything for almost the last decade? That's a pretty big expense for something that most people don't really notice. The lagoon isn't as pretty as they had originally wanted it to be, but honestly no one can see it except when you're coming into PK's break run.

OzarkOutlaw, in your orignal post on this thread you reference the "trenches" at the base of the drop on PK. Those were actually part of a water effect that was built with PK, not as part of BSF. I noticed they demolished one side this year and left the other side for some reason. Not sure what that was about, but maybe they just needed access for some reason.

Is there any footage of that on film? Imagine how it was then compared to it's notorious finickyness today.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2013, 09:42:42 PM »
To my knowledge the splash effect was never completed or activated.  I wonder why.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Hollwood

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2013, 06:10:18 AM »
I worked on PK in 2007, and the water effect at the bottom of the last drop worked for a week. It was a line of water jets, staggered on each side, to create a water tunnel. Believe it or not, it created enough water on the track/train to through a fault.