Author Topic: 2013 Attendance (Split Topic)  (Read 43472 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Attendance (Split Topic)
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2013, 06:50:30 PM »
Runner, IF it was scheduled that way.  I would understand and agree.. ;D ;D

BUT if during the day, the PTB decided to stay open late and only accomadate the Cox group, I don't feel that would be fair...

Important thing is everybody enjoy themselves and have fun.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2013, 07:03:19 PM »
Sanddune, I agree with your agree. ;D

Ozarks Gal

• Cave Guide
  • SDC fan since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2013, 08:36:11 AM »
I have a friend whose mother works for Cox and went to the Cox day last weekend. I do know that it was arranged ahead of time for the Cox employees/family to be able to stay after "park close" to 10. I'm sure fun was had by all (but I personally stay away if at all possible on days like that!).
"Red Flanders, you come back in here and put on your pants!" "Well Sadie, I ain't got no pants no more. The dang Baldknobbers stole 'em!"

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2013, 10:31:44 PM »
Outlaw run, sat the 7th, there were approx. 20,000 - 20,500 people there...  yes that would be quite a crowd. had not heard they stayed open late..

Not sure I agree that only cox people could stay and ride? after all, the rest of the people also paid for their tickets and put up with the crowd all day too>>????

It is not really that unusual in the theme park industry for special events and something called a park buyout to happen. I was at one in the Magic Kingdom one time. The park never advertised extra hours, but after 10 p.m. The attractions were closed to everyone except those with a wristband. I only saw 1 upset person who threw quite a fit when she could not enter splash mountain.

My friend and I were at Magic Kingdom for one of their "Extra Magic Hours" nights last year. The extra hours are for guests who are staying in Disney resorts. They don't use wristbands anymore, though; you just show them your "Key to the World" card (which is your hotel room key, charge card, ticket card, etc) and they let you into the attraction. A lot of people were wearing clear card lanyards so they didn't have to keep digging out their cards at each attraction (something my friend and I had to do, lol).

I think it'd be awesome if SDC ever eventually has a resort, they set up a similar program for resort guests.

Back to being more on topic: how's the attendance been? Looks like this thread hasn't been updated in about a month.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 15, 2013, 09:22:32 AM »
the last 4 weeks or so they have been rung 8-10 thousand on Friday, 12-14 on sat, 6-8 on sunday, however this last sunday they had over 10,ooo there..  great day..

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 15, 2013, 05:27:36 PM »
We were at SDC this past weekend.  I asked the guy on the back of the tram Saturday as we were leaving how many they had that day, he told me 11,000 and they were expecting 12,000.  The Saturday morning rain may have kept a few people away.  He also told me they were expecting 9,000 Sunday.  Since Sanddune reported they had 10,000 it was indeed a good Sunday for them.

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 16, 2013, 08:03:30 PM »
I'd expect a big weekend this weekend because most of the Oklahoma schools are on Fall Break. We'll be headed up on Friday and Saturday ourselves.

Jay

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2013, 05:54:26 AM »
cowboy,  good chanve of a good weekend there.. this is also the last full weekend of the fall festival...  next weekend they are actually closed on sunday. final prep for OTC,.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2013, 08:30:09 AM »
I'd expect a big weekend this weekend because most of the Oklahoma schools are on Fall Break. We'll be headed up on Friday and Saturday ourselves.

Jay

also arts and crafts fair weekend in NWA. No clue if the blue hairs that hit that stuff hit SDC some but it brings in folks from out of town.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 17, 2013, 04:26:39 PM »
Geezzzzz....so I'm a "blue hair?"  :P ;) ;D
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 17, 2013, 04:35:55 PM »
Geezzzzz....so I'm a "blue hair?"  :P ;) ;D

as soon as I posted that, I read an article in the paper about the Spanker Creek fair and it quoted some blue hairs err... older ladies from Okie and they said  they were going to finish with the crafts fairs today and head to Branson to ride roller coasters. So some discounted coffee drinkers do coordinate the arts and crafts fairs with SDC trips.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 04:38:15 PM by chittlins »

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 19, 2013, 08:19:20 AM »
my sons in the Yukon school district were out last week.  however my little daughter goes to more and they were out this week.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #87 on: October 19, 2013, 09:26:49 AM »
Hey Okie.  Do you live in Yukon, or is it just your son?  My parents are in Mustang.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 19, 2013, 11:26:50 AM »
I live in SW OKC now but I lived in Yukon for years and years and still play guitar for Canadian Hills church of the Nazarene

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 27, 2013, 09:19:49 AM »
Well the last day of fall festival saw 9600 people....   They were "expecting" 10,500......

COME ON OTC!!!!