Author Topic: 2nd trip of year  (Read 2968 times)

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
2nd trip of year
« on: July 06, 2013, 11:45:01 PM »
This is not SDC related, so I started a new thread.
If you all have been keeping up with my twisted "and somewhat evil" year I have been having. Well you will know why Im so excited. We are camping tonight. Yes really, Im not at home on a Saturday night.

We are camping at a CG very near my Sons house to help him celebrate his birthday. Even though I am still over joyed. This day has been rough and agonizing.
Wife ended up dropping blood sugar and getting sick for most of afternoon. After waking up (and feeling much better-THANK YOU JESUS) Our world got ROCKED--really rocked. A monsoon type rain and heavy winds came through with no real warning. I mean in 5 minutes it went from warm and sunny with a slight breeze to flooding. (Realize this CG just opened back up due to flooding, so the area was still up high). We didn't have to move or anything, but the grassy areas have lots of standing water.>>>>>>On a good note, this old girl stood up strong to the winds, and never leaked a drop. That is great for a pop up camper.

OH YEAH!!! further updates. Work is busy now. Will be slow this week, then the next 2 we should be busier than a 1 armed coat hanger.   Jeep finally passed inspection (of course that still wasn't enough-I had to replace the battery too). But WOW does it run good now. As I said. The 2nd half of 2013 will be very good to me. Since the first half wasn't all that much.

Now I just need to hit SDC again, and all will be good.
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: 2nd trip of year
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 11:25:22 AM »
As of last Tuesday all of my issues with my car are fixed and I am ready to head back to Branson on the 8th of August. It can't get here fast enough. It will be my second and possibly last trip to Branson this year

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 11:56:45 AM »
Okie!

will u be @ Homestay?

we will be there that weekend also..  That is the big car show weekend!

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 10:32:59 AM »
We'll be there with the kiddos

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 03:28:07 AM »
Well unless something unforeseen happens (Of course the first 1/2 of 2013 was rough-so the 2nd 1/2 will be great), we will be in Branson relatively soon, and YES we will stay at Homestay.  We will likely bring our Son since his GF is in Dallas taking care of her Grandmother (who just had surgery).

I got my bonus at work yesterday SOOOOOOOO guess where we are going to spend that money?
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 07:38:57 AM »
Okie, do you have your reservations yet.. If not I suggest you call soon.

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 08:16:47 AM »
I got my reservations while I was there back in June.