Author Topic: Mark Edwards - Log Hewer  (Read 2684 times)

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Mark Edwards - Log Hewer
« on: July 05, 2013, 09:37:14 AM »
Does anyone know how to get in touch with Mark Edwards? Something tells me he is not online anywhere. I have a log hewing question for him.

While on the topic of Mark, he is one of my favorite aspects of the park. As long as SDC has Mark Edwards, Pam Gresham, and the Homestead Pickers, everything will be OK.  :)

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Re: Mark Edwards - Log Hewer
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 10:28:02 AM »
Call the park and leave a message...they will get it to him. Or, visit and speak directly to him. I've known him since 1981. Don't know him well, but I remember him from the old days when I worked there. He built the cabin that is used today for Apple Butter. The cabin was initially a showcase for the fall crafts festival of, I think, 1982, and was filled with SDC made arts and crafts. It was offered for sale. No buyers, so they moved it to it's present location and have used it as a shop over the years. The cabin was a set for a Christmas special that featured Kenny Rogers in the early '90's. The loft was used as a "bedroom" for some kids while Kenny sang a Christmas song to them. Anyway, Mark has a wry sense of humor...Ozarkian through and through...and he built most of the cabins at the Wilderness campground, too, plus many of the newer log buildings on the park. I don't know if he would be willing to moonlight on the side, but you can try. Few possess the skill he has, so a log building today can be very expensive. Interested in log building? Check out the Website of Charles McRaven, who now lives out east, I think in Virginia. He is a former Branson guy, and was a writer who wrote articles in the old OZARKS MOUNTAINEER magazine, as well as the 1976-78 programs sold at Shepherd of the Hills. Charles probably is one of the top log builders in the country, and is very expensive regarding his services.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"