Author Topic: Death at Six Flags over Georgia  (Read 3179 times)

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Death at Six Flags over Georgia
« on: June 29, 2008, 09:07:28 AM »
Two teenagers hopped two fences and wandered into the path of the Batman ride. One 17 year old was struck by the ride and decapitated.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/cobb/stories/2008/06/28/six_flags_death.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newstab

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
Re: Death at Six Flags over Georgia
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 12:10:27 PM »
As tragic as this story is, this should not reflect negatively on Six Flags, unless they put a sign on the fence that invited people to "Please climb me and try to touch the feet of people when they ride by".  This really wasn't a case of the kid "wandering into the path" of the ride.  I sympathize with the family of this kid - another teenage death that could have been avoided by following the rules.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 12:30:04 PM »
This is totally a case of absolute stupidity on the part of the "victim". I sincerely hope this doesn't turn into more of an issue for SF. I mean, what can you do? Are they supposed to put guard dogs around the rides to keep people from pulling this shit? Not to be arrogant, but this kid got what he got what he had coming and there's nothing else to it. I can't believe he actually scaled two fences, one with barbed wire, just to pull this stunt.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 01:12:17 PM »
The irony in this was that he was with a church group. Kids can be stupid. This could've definitely been avoided if you follow the rules..
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

sdcforever

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 07:52:25 PM »
My prayers are with him and his family.  But this was dumb.  The news story kept referring to the signs on the fences warning of "Danger" and "Authorized Personnel Only".  Not scaling the fences is just common sense.  That's why they're there.  To keep people out.  Who cares how far the signs are spaced apart?  This should not reflect negatively on SF at all.

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Silver Dollar City Photo Group on Flickr
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2008, 08:28:58 PM »
Yeah, I vote for a "Common Sense Law" that prevents anyone from suing for stuff like that.
You've Got A Great Past Just Ahead Of You!