Author Topic: yay for being back!  (Read 2587 times)

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
yay for being back!
« on: June 17, 2013, 08:13:45 PM »
I hope the craziness is over.  We still haven't made our first trip to the city this year. 

My mom, busymom4kc, had an almost life ending bleeding ulcer in march.  After they replaced 11 units of blood and 2 units of platelets and a 2 week hospital stay, she was finally in the road to recovery. 

Fast forward 5 weeks to the beginning of may.  My dad, charliehorsejigs (he's a lurker!  Lol), had a heart attack that went from let's put stints in to an emergency triple bypass at the age of 52.  There were no warning signs and his bp and cholesterol levels have been normal at every yearly check. 

3 weeks later I reluctantly went to Wisconsin for 11 days for vacation and family wedding.  I knew something was going to happen when I was fine.  Yep.  I was right.  My cousin Dan was in a 1 car accident.  Yesterday, his father, mother, and brother had to make the decision to take him off the vent.  He died last night at 11:15 pm CST.

It has been a long hard 3 months.  I am so glad to be back to normal.  Although how normal can I be if I hang out with you all?!   ;D. so, even though I don't post a ton, you know the reason for my absence.  Now I'm off to put the three loud children to bed!

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: yay for being back!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 11:08:53 PM »
WOW.  I think it is time for a big prayer. Praying is easy, Just start by saying "Dear Father In Heaven" and never never end a prayer without saying "In Jesus Name-AMEN"  The word AMEN means -And so it shall be!!  The words you say in the middle is whatever you need to say.  Just remember Jesus is always our master and our King, he is also our Brother and our Friend. You can speak anyway you want.  Now God says "command me ye"! So when you pray expect results.

Im only telling these things to (try to) prove that we do have the power of Jesus even when things are looking down.  I know some of my posts have been depressing also, but we always survive.

It sounds like you have went thru a very rough time here lately. I sure am sorry that you had to go thru this, but it sounds like you have been watched over and protected lots thru this. His cover of comfort can get you thru rivers, valleys, mountains, ETC.

Diana my prayers and deepest thoughts are with you. I sincerly wish you the very best from this point forward.

OH YEAH----you said you was back to normal now. Remember this! The very definition of "normal" is --- What is generally accepted by the majority of the population.

Yes this is typical QWED. Must have some humor.  This is completely true also despite the humor attempt.
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 12:31:40 AM »
God be with you and your family!  :)
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 08:15:14 AM »
There's no way I would have gotten through the last 3 months without lots of prayer, God, and the support of our church family and friends.  They helped with taking care of the kids so that i could be at the hospital and tony could work.  They came and sat with dad and me at the hospital during mom's surgery. 

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 11:07:07 PM »
You are such a strong woman.  Dont believe this "men are stronger than women" garbage. I m quite sure I could not have gone thru all of that in the short time that you did.

Im glad you know Jesus. I know HE sure does keep us going.

Im glad you are returning to some sort of NORMAL I hope things just get better and better. If you need anything that we can supply, JUST HOLLER!!!

If you need something spiritual (we all do at times dont feel bad). Just PM me. I will help you in search of scripture (or what ever you may need) this goes for Tony also.

Just hang in there Diana. Continue to be strong, continue in faith, you are someone special. (Jesus tells you that) dont ever forget that.
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 11:55:31 AM »
My family and I will be praying for your family