Author Topic: Big Jacks Sandwich Shop  (Read 21474 times)

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
Re: Big Jacks Sandwich Shop
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2013, 09:32:17 AM »
33 yrs never ate at Jacks, and never ate at spring house... We were never able as kids to eat at the park other than a Breakfast buffet to last the day. Rest assured I think the funnel cakes will never go...never had one of those either! Wagon works only once...I stick to the calico potatoes and the succotash / sausage bowls if I am eating at the park.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2013, 03:06:31 PM »
Never did care much for sammiches, still really dont.  As far as food is concerned, I really never ate at Jacks, probably never would (if they were still open).  But I sure do hate all the old things shutting down to make way for something new and maybe out of theme.
(IE Crossroads). While the Pizza (Ive heard) is fantastic, the old chicken house will always belong there.

The pizza is pretty good and you can get free drink refills there.  What I liked best was that they were playing the same Western Themes music there that they were playing in the queue line at Outlaw Run.  :D
I'm Your Huckleberry

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2013, 11:55:07 AM »
Down near the Rib House, they have a new pulled pork, potatoes, and onions skillet. Absolutely amazing! I have noticed, too, that as the price of food in restaurants rise, SDC's food prices aren't looking as high as they used to. It's getting to the point where I can feed my family at SDC for about the same price as a meal at Cracker Barrel.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2013, 05:47:05 PM »
That pulled pork skillet is a sore subject with me.  I saw and smelled it early on my last visit, read about it in the Pathfinder, and went back later to discover that they shut the thing down early!  You would think if it's advertised, they would deliver on the "promise".

As for Big Jack's, when I have ate there, I was not impressed at all.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2013, 06:48:09 PM »
I think the pork skillet is just OK, but overpriced....will not get it again.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2013, 06:59:04 PM »
I agree cheesehead,  we had talked about it before, should be about 1/3 to 1/2 again bigger....  tasted great just not enough of it...