Author Topic: Homestead Pickers?  (Read 4973 times)

HikerDan

Homestead Pickers?
« on: June 10, 2013, 03:44:28 PM »

Where are the Homestead Pickers?  On our last several trips the Pickers have been listed on the entertainment schedule, but they have not been at the park.

Anybody know what's up?  We miss seeing those guys. 

We did notice that they played inside the cabin a lot during the early spring.  We never saw them down at the pickin' shed in the afternoon, and now they've completely disappeared.  I think I'll e-mail SDC and try to find out the deal.

Thanks for any info.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Homestead Pickers?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 04:12:51 PM »
Dan, your just missing them for some reason, they were there 2 weeks ago..(memorial weekend)..  They arent going any where.!

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 05:44:05 PM »
Oh, thank goodness!  You had me worried there!!  I've been listening to them so long, I have their early works on cassette tape!  ;D

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 07:58:39 PM »
The Pickers are off on Sunday and Monday now. If they play in the cabin during bad weather, the afternoon sessions are there too.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 08:07:44 PM »
http://www.silverdollarcity.com/~/media/ParkContent/SDC_COM/Documents/SDC/Entertainment%20Schedule/June%2010%20-%2016.ashx

here is the link to the entertainment schedule for this week,. pickers do no work on sun/mon as cheesehead said//

DeweyBald

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 08:22:51 PM »
Watched them last week..... ???

HikerDan

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 10:01:03 PM »

Well it's good to see they're still around!  Our last several trips have been on sundays.  And the one trip we took to SDC on a friday they were inside the cabin on a beautiful morning.

Only problem is we only get to the park on sundays; won't go near the place on saturday. Been watchin' the Pickers on sunday for years, but oh well, maybe this is the schedule they would like to have.

I'm fairly certain that entertainment schedule has just been amended/updated within the last 24 hours or less to reflect the Pickers current days.  I've been looking at the schedules for several weeks, including just yesterday, and all through the Bluegrass Fest, and that's the first one I've seen showing the Tues-Sat, with Sun-Mon as off days.

That homestead cabin must be heated and air conditioned.  Seems like they're mostly playing in there nowadays, and unfortunately I don't care for being cramped into a small area with lots of other folks. We thought maybe they're trying to keep the sun from beatin' down on the old-folks' heads or somethin'.  keep 'em in the shade and comfy.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2013, 10:47:28 PM »
I cannot believe that the Opera House is sitting empty during the entire Summer.  The entertainment for KidsFest this year is really lacking
SWOOSH

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2013, 07:29:50 AM »
I cannot believe that the Opera House is sitting empty during the entire Summer.  The entertainment for KidsFest this year is really lacking

While we were in Branson over Memorial Weekend, the hubs ran into a fellow at the bait shop who works for the City.  He was telling him that SDC has really cut back on the vendors and entertainment this year.  He was wondering if people noticed.  Do they notice?  You bet!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2013, 08:17:20 AM »
Maybe they are cutting back this summer...In anticioation for the ne summer festival nextm year..??

I am pretty sure opera house was vacant last summer also.,?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2013, 08:39:42 AM »
When you go from the "Biggest Entertainment Season EVER" to what is offered this season.... yeah, we notice
SWOOSH

HikerDan

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2013, 09:21:35 AM »

Yea, I noticed that the summer festival is lacking a bit this year.

The Fabulous Wallendas were in the Opera House last year, with the laser light show in the Red Gold Hall, and the Bubbles show in the Playhouse.

The year before they had that wonderful Birds in Flight show down in the Amphitheater.

But, I'm glad they brought back the stunt dog experience. That was pretty good from a few years back. 

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2013, 07:01:36 PM »
Yeah, but when I go to SDC, I expect to see something more spectacular than what I can see at Worlds of Fun.
Not "doggin'" the Perondis at all, but they used to perform at Worlds of Fun before they came to Silver Dollar City
SWOOSH

Ozarks Gal

• Cave Guide
  • SDC fan since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2013, 08:03:24 AM »
When you go from the "Biggest Entertainment Season EVER" to what is offered this season.... yeah, we notice

My thoughts exactly!
"Red Flanders, you come back in here and put on your pants!" "Well Sadie, I ain't got no pants no more. The dang Baldknobbers stole 'em!"

Destination SDC

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2013, 08:42:42 PM »
Just saw the pickers this past week - down at the pickin' shed on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.  :)