Author Topic: New Editorial by Coaster  (Read 4554 times)

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
New Editorial by Coaster
« on: June 27, 2008, 04:36:35 PM »
Check out my new editorial on the home page. It is the most extensive and in depth one I've written to date. This is the third editorial I've written for the site. The first one has somehow been lost in some of the site updates. Once you read it please tell me what you think about it here since you can't comment on the home page right now.

Thanks!
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

sdcforever

Re: New Editorial by Coaster
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 08:22:20 PM »
Great article, Coaster!  You offered some good tips, especially about riding the water rides early in the day.  Always a good thing to do.

I agree with you about getting to the front of the Marvel Cave tour.  We've done that several times, and those tours are the most memorable and enjoyable.  It's great to develop a rapport with your tour guide.  And the guides are always thrilled to have one-on-one conversations during the tours.

I'm also glad someone else feels the way I do about the crowds in the parking lot.  I always get in line for the tram and look around me thinking:  "Man, the park is going to be packed today", and it never is.  For some reason, I feel this way every time the parking lot is crowded.  I just don't remember that a crowded parking lot doesn't necessarily mean a crowded park.

It'll be interesting to see how the park handles all of the construction that is going on right now.  It's been a long time since there has been this much construction.  Could disrupt the park a bit on crowded days.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 08:42:35 PM »
^Wow thanks so much for the comment sdcforever! I'm glad I could offer some tips to those who might need it (not that you will, I'm sure you already knew all this). I wish I could follow my own advice sometimes. I always say I'm going to ride the Waterboggan first thing but Wildfire just calls my name....   :D

sdcforever

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 08:47:36 PM »
^Wow thanks so much for the comment sdcforever! I'm glad I could offer some tips to those who might need it (not that you will, I'm sure you already knew all this). I wish I could follow my own advice sometimes. I always say I'm going to ride the Waterboggan first thing but Wildfire just calls my name....   :D

I know what you mean.   A water ride is always second.  I ride TNT first, every single visit to the park! :D

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 08:51:06 PM »
^Yeah we tend to do that a lot also just because it is right around the corner. After that we usually head over to Wildfire and then Powderkeg. By that time the Waterboggan line is just way too long for us to stand in for a one and a half minute ride.

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2008, 10:48:28 PM »
I was confused when you said "home page", then I figured out you meant the sdcfans.com home page, not the forum home.  ;)

Direct link:

http://sdcfans.com/usrArt-entry.php?id=3

I liked your "why we keep coming back" editorial, too.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2008, 11:41:38 PM »
^Whoops sorry for the confusion.

Thank you!