Author Topic: Upgrades Underway... Again  (Read 19046 times)

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Upgrades Underway... Again
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2008, 08:38:55 PM »
^Yeah, the Myspace page isn't really needed but it'd be neat.

You've probably said this before but if you're going to change the forum please don't change the workings of it. (I don't know what you'd call it) It is so easy to navigate and use, I love it! The grass is almost natural on here now. I think it'd be weird not to see the grass on here now  ;). The forums would look nice though with some SDC theming.

Also, (only one more question), for comments and things on the main site can anyone delete your comments or only you?
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2008, 08:48:49 PM »
^That's actually why I decided not to change anything major, this layout really just works, even if it is way different than the main site.

Only an individual user can delete their comments on the main site. Eventually mods will be able to modify and edit comments as well, but I haven't gotten that far yet.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2008, 08:52:35 PM »
^Okay, sounds good. So has the new version of the site brought a lot more visitors to the site or is it all pretty much the same?

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2008, 08:58:43 PM »
I am having trouble uploading more pics to my current album.  It locks up and errors out.  I also have tried to add another album and get the same error.   Just an FYI.  I am using FireFox.
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2008, 09:00:58 PM »
^^The site has actually become a LOT more popular since the upgrade. We've more than doubled our daily unique visits.

^Arrg, of course. I thought I had that all worked out. Thanks for letting me know.

Hmmm, I'm going to have to do another upgrade soon just to clean up the code.  ::)

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2008, 09:11:40 PM »
^^The site has actually become a LOT more popular since the upgrade. We've more than doubled our daily unique visits.

That's great to hear! It doesn't seem like we've got many new members out of the deal though.

sdcforever

« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2008, 09:15:44 PM »
^All in good time, Coaster, all in good time.  Remember, I browsed the forums for three weeks before joining. :)

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2008, 09:17:35 PM »
I think I browsed for five minutes....  :) My deal was was that I was wanting somewhere where I could find out anything about SDC and share the common bond with SDCFans. This place fits the bill all right ;)

I was like you on other forums though. I browsed for a long time and then joined. These are the only forums I visit anymore though. I don't have the time that I used to.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 09:22:36 PM by Coaster »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2008, 10:27:34 PM »
This is one of those forums that not a whole lot of people will join, but there's enough fans around to make it interesting.

Anyway, I think the photo galleries are fixed now - don't know how I overlooked that before.

Also, I've just sent out a mass e-mail to every single person on the boards with an e-mail address, so disregard it. It's meant for all those who have posted before, but forgot about the site. Maybe they'll be more interested now.

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2008, 01:20:00 PM »
Hey Guys

Don't know if this is the right place for this, but I thought I read somewhere that logo ideas were being entertained.  I GIMPed together a couple of photos and came up with this, although the inclusion of the log and axe may make it unusable due to copyright issues.  Anyway, here it is.

"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2008, 03:43:14 PM »
^OOh that is really nice! Good work Zephon. I hope we'll be able to use it. It'd look great on the main site or even as a header here on the forums.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2008, 09:19:04 PM »
^^Very nice! I'll add it to the bottom of the forums when I make some planned changes to it later next week. Like you said, the log and axe make me wary about using it too prominently like on T-shirts and such, but it shouldn't be too big of a deal.