Author Topic: Upgrades Underway... Again  (Read 19152 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Upgrades Underway... Again
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2008, 09:39:53 PM »
Ugh, it's still not working well enough, and it's not the only thing that still isn't working.

Sometimes coding on this site just wears me out. I spent a long time today trying to figure out a bug, only to find that my code was perfect - my database is just outdated or not functioning correctly.

I'm just going to design some t-shirts now. :P

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2008, 06:17:34 PM »
Woo! I just figured out how to solve the log in/log out problems! I should have it all fixed tonight, and everything should run smoothly here on out. I really had to dig to figure it out, but it was actually right there in front of me the whole time...

Anyway, I've also added a sort by month feature to the news and events pages, and I've fixed up the site footer a bit.

If I can finish the video feature tonight (I just need to figure out the youtube API), then this upgrade will be more or less complete.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2008, 10:26:13 PM »
Woohoo! That looks great right now. I love the new footer Steve!
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

sdcforever

« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2008, 10:26:59 PM »
^^Cool!  Thanks for all the hard work, Steve! :D

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2008, 12:33:26 AM »
The shop is back online now with a new t-shirt design as well as a keychain and stickers. Don't rush to buy a t-shirt yet though unless you really like the plain design, because I plan to knock out a few more designs tomorrow that will be a little more upbeat. Once I gain a few more photoshop skills I'll try out a few more ambitious ideas I have. Also, I plan to buy one myself to test out Zazzle's quality, so you may want to wait until I can give you an honest review.

Oh yeah - the video feature is now fully functional along with pretty much everything else. Feel free to write an attraction review, upload photos and videos, or comment on my news commentary.

I just need to add a log out button on the main site and fix a few IE bugs - then the site will be pretty solid for the first time in months. Time to start on the next upgrade!  ;)

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2008, 08:45:41 PM »
I just need to add a log out button on the main site and fix a few IE bugs - then the site will be pretty solid for the first time in months. Time to start on the next upgrade!  ;)

Lol, that is what I was just thinking. But the site definitely looks the best that it ever has. Great work Steve!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 09:04:39 PM by Coaster »

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2008, 01:28:53 PM »
Woo! I just figured out how to solve the log in/log out problems! I should have it all fixed tonight, and everything should run smoothly here on out.

Are you sure?  When I go to the Main Site, it kicks me out, and I have to log in again (using Firefox 2.0.0.4).
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2008, 02:00:08 PM »
^Does it work after you log in the second time? It should be hooked directly to the forums, so it may have something to do with the particular way you've set your log in settings on the forum. Anyone else have any problems like this?

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2008, 08:32:23 AM »
I am using Firefox.  The site looks and functions great.  You ave out done yourself this time.   
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2008, 12:42:30 PM »
I don't know, it's kind of strange.  Just a quirk I guess.  Sometimes it kicks me out, and other times I can go to a variety of other sites and return to discover I'm still logged in.  It's not anything you need to worry about though.  I'll try to pay attention to see if it's something in particular that I'm doing.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2008, 09:31:39 PM »
Ah, I've just remembered that I never fixed the main site log out. That's why you stay logged in there even while you've logged off the forums. You can only log off the main site by closing your browser after logging off the forums for now. Another thing I'll fix as soon as I can.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2008, 12:14:44 PM »
Another issue I found was that I commented the ThuNderaTion 15 year story and my comment never showed up on the site. Do you have to approve it first or something?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2008, 06:26:16 PM »
^Should work now, sorry about that. I'm also adding editing and delete options to comments and reviews.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2008, 08:21:14 PM »
^All right, thanks. What about the SDCFans Myspace and Facebook pages we were talking about? Is that part of the current upgrade?  ;D

We just keep pouring it on don't we?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2008, 08:32:17 PM »
Yeah, there's still more to tack on and fix up, but I don't know if I'll go through with the Myspace or the new forum skin. I really don't want to code a myspace layout, let alone actually use myspace, and the forum skin doesn't really need to be switched out - it just needs a little more SDC themeing and less grass. 

I also need to bring back that calendar idea that I had awhile back. The trouble with that is it's just so hard to code, but I will figure it out eventually.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 08:33:20 PM by shavethewhales »