Author Topic: Your Name on Rice Jewelry?  (Read 3025 times)

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
Your Name on Rice Jewelry?
« on: May 06, 2013, 06:25:33 PM »
Is there still a shop at SDC that does "Your Name on Rice" jewelry? I can't seem to locate it on the map on the website. I'm pretty sure it was in the same little building as the cut coin jewelry, next to the Waterboggan tower.

I was just wondering 'cause I have made my own jewelry like that and wondered if they'd ever be looking to hire someone who can write on a grain of rice. Figure I should poke my nose around to see if there's anyone hiring someone with my somewhat random skill.

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
Re: Your Name on Rice Jewelry?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 11:15:30 AM »
I noticed that little shop this weekend while we were at the park. It looks like it is closed / shut down. It was dissapointing, it was a nice little shop.
You have a great past just ahead of you.

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 10:19:56 AM »
That store has closed.  There is good news though.  The copper smith is comming back and will be in that location across from the pottery shop.  I am glad to see a craftsman returning.
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 07:19:40 PM »
Oh, that's a great spot for the copper smith!

Anyone know how people get locations in SDC? I would love to bring the rice writing back myself, but I don't know how complicated (and expensive) it would be to get a shop set up there.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 05:07:10 PM »
My guess is if you want to do a lease shop at SDC you better have a pocketful or two of money. The smaller the space you rent, the cheaper it is, of course. An outside booth or a small shop in the corner of the Marketplace might be reasonable, but I want to say the city takes a portion of your sales as well as a base rent. You should check with them directly.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"