Author Topic: SDC Dreams  (Read 9838 times)

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
SDC Dreams
« on: April 05, 2013, 11:11:41 AM »
Have any of you ever had dreams about SDC? I do, and they tend to be quite frequent. In my dreams, the park never looks completely like it actually does, always kind of a jumbled up version with various things missing and out of place; all the while i know I am at SDC. I am usually by myself in these dreams, trying to find my wife and other members of our family. Even more odd is that the Balloon ride always shows up in my dreams, always in a different place, but it is there...every time.
Anybody else out there with weird/odd dreams about SDC?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 11:12:31 AM by DollarCityBoy »
You have a great past just ahead of you.

Ozarks Gal

• Cave Guide
  • SDC fan since 1988
    • View Profile
Re: SDC Dreams
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 12:25:25 PM »
I frequently have a dream where I am at "SDC", but it looks nothing like the actual place. It always revolves around being on "Fire in the Hole", which is an actual coaster (much like Thunderation) but still indoors in the dark. Sometimes the train goes one direction through the ride, and sometimes it goes the opposite direction. It's all very weird, and I don't know why I keep having the same dream. Good to know I'm not the only one having them!!
"Red Flanders, you come back in here and put on your pants!" "Well Sadie, I ain't got no pants no more. The dang Baldknobbers stole 'em!"

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 06:05:02 PM »
Great topic!  Yes, I have had the same dream about 4 times.  Fire in the Hole is right next to the Flooded Mine.  I am riding Fire in the Hole by myself and it's the same old ride until it gets really bright and stops right next to a large open room kind of like a study with marble busts, a fireplace and wooden doors all around.  The ride stops and I have to get out and go in the room then all the doors open and zombies come out and try to run me down and devour me!  I have never paid attention to see if these zombies look like Baldknobbers.  Talk about a dark ride!  Where did that come from?!! Note to SDC- don't change the ride to this.  Bad concept! :o
I'm Your Huckleberry

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 07:02:23 PM »
Zombies??? 

Duelist, u dont grab as a Scifi enthusiast.... :o :o :o

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 07:12:16 PM »
Zombies??? 

Duelist, u dont grab as a Scifi enthusiast.... :o :o :o

I like to branch out- must have been that "Cowboys and Aliens" movie!  :D
I'm Your Huckleberry

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 07:44:44 PM »
Should we be worried about you guys???  Zombies, baldknobbers, coasters, and balloon rides?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 09:35:25 PM »
Not necessarily actual dreams, but I have daydreams all the time about SDC and how things could be improved here and there... this doesn't just apply to SDC though.  Seriously I wish parks would hire me to do a walk through with them so that I could give them my insight on how things could be plussed and/or more streamlined to better serve their guests.

*wow if that doesn't make me sound like I'm full of myself, nothing will - lol*
SWOOSH

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2013, 04:07:56 AM »
How many parks do you go through a year, and how many times do you visit those same parks? You are privy to backstage set ups, you experience the park like a guest, you know inside info about operation...makes sense to me. A consultant can make some pretty good $$$ too!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2013, 06:44:38 AM »
I can not ever remember having dreams about SDC. Now i KNOW you all are worse than i am!! :D
Live life like it's the last day!

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2013, 07:45:22 AM »
I have also had a dream where I am riding Wildfire, and when I get to the top of the lifthill, the train is somehow gone and I have to literally slide myself down the drop. It was a terrifying dream to be just sitting on the very top of the ride and having to slide down by myself. It was one of those dreams where I felt like I "hit" the bed when I woke up.
Oh yeah, and when I was at the top of the lifthill, I could see the Balloon Ride off in the distance, kinda creepy! lol It's always there! haha
You have a great past just ahead of you.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2013, 08:52:39 AM »
Should we be worried about you guys???  Zombies, baldknobbers, coasters, and balloon rides?

Hope not!  Maybe my subconscious mind is reminding me the more sinister story of the Baldknobbers.  Don't get me wrong- Fire in the Hole is and always has been one of my favorite rides.  But it is a tragic story.  Even the lively catchy song has sad, scary lyrics:

"Baldknobbers coming riding fast- armed with rifles, wearing masks.  Baldknobbers coming, drawing near.  Everybody's heart is filled with fear!"

Or maybe in my dreams I'm remindied of Jeff Goldblum's line in Jurassic Park: "When the 'Pirates of the Caribbean' ride breaks down the pirates don't start eating the tourists"  ;D
I'm Your Huckleberry

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2013, 01:07:41 PM »
Duelist...Love that movie cowboy and aliens... 1st time i saw it was at Imax last year...!!! great flic...

duelist.."pirates don't start eating the tourists"..isnt that the zombie thing again????LOL??>>>

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2013, 08:02:38 PM »
I have also had a dream where I am riding Wildfire, and when I get to the top of the lifthill, the train is somehow gone and I have to literally slide myself down the drop. It was a terrifying dream to be just sitting on the very top of the ride and having to slide down by myself. It was one of those dreams where I felt like I "hit" the bed when I woke up.
Oh yeah, and when I was at the top of the lifthill, I could see the Balloon Ride off in the distance, kinda creepy! lol It's always there! haha

That's funny!  It's interesting that from the 3 of us that posted our dreams about SDC the park is different in our dreams than what it is in real life.
I'm Your Huckleberry

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2013, 02:02:34 PM »
I'm always having dreams about SDC!! None of them make sense, I can only pick out people and places, but by the time I wake up, I have no idea what going on.
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2013, 05:26:08 PM »
I just had one last night. My dad came to visit me and asked if he could take me to work and spend time with his grand kid. So we all loaded up in his van and instead of going to work we went to SDC and rode "Thunderation" Pretty sweet.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!