Author Topic: HFEC purchases the Harlem Globetrotters.?  (Read 10665 times)

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: HFEC purchases the Harlem Globetrotters.?
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2014, 08:11:38 AM »
Email says since I am a "friend of Silver Dollar City", I qualify for the discount. Link in the email takes me to the Globetrotters website buy tickets page.  The email says to enter promo/offer code SILVER. I would think it would work for anyone if they entered the SILVER into the promo/offer code space on the page if they are buying tickets.

Springfield game is 1/23. Joplin game is 4/3.

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2014, 05:06:57 PM »
Now who is dogging my Royals. Best season since 93 last year.

The problem with baseball is the lack of a level playing field. There needs to be both a salary cap and a salary base and revenue sharing across all teams. In any major league sport, the teams need each other to be competitive, otherwise the sport's popularity will eventually go down. The NFL has different teams in the playoffs every year. They are always almost the same teams in baseball. I love baseball, but I haven't been to a game in years.

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2014, 08:50:55 PM »
Well WE are really the problem with major league sports!
EXAMPLE. Just this weekend we was at the grocery store.  2 guys shopping, Each was complaining about the price of things, even to the point that they didnt "cart" some items that they both "claimed" to want to eat this week, but didnt have the money. -- When a chance meeting with a friend (in the store), they each pulled out 2 - $100 bills, and gave to that friend in exchange for a couple Blues tickets (each guy).    Yes these guys happen to be in front of us during our visit. I witnessed all of this.

OK I understand priority. But to complain about food prices (which we all need to eat) then throw $200 at a sporting event is a bit counterproductive.

We can fix it though.  Lets all stop paying for overpriced sporting event tickets.  1 year is all it would take.  Prices would get cheap. Salaries would get capped. (Bet you was wondering how I would piece this together wasnt ya)?
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream