Author Topic: Forest Fire Near Dollywood  (Read 5108 times)

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Forest Fire Near Dollywood
« on: March 18, 2013, 06:08:17 PM »
Just heard on the news where the forest fire near Pigeon Forge was just miles away from Dollywood.  At least that's what the reporter said. DW had a post on their facebook page thanking all the firefighters who fought a brush fire that got near the park Saturday.  They indicated there was no damage to DW and they will open as scheduled later this week.  DW mentioned the fire near them Saturday is not related to the one firefighters are battling now. It appears several rental cabins have burned down and several people have had to be evacuated.  Here's hoping they can get the fires under control and there is no more damage to a beautiful area of our country.  I think the DW post mentioned Wears Valley.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 06:12:56 PM by U Smell Smoke »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: Forest Fire Near Dollywood
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 12:02:47 AM »
It actually happened in the upper loop.  Apparently the train itself set it off.  13 alarm fire
SWOOSH

TinTypeGuy

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 08:42:16 AM »
Apparently there are multiple fires in the area from what I have been told and read.  There was one over behind Thunderhead on Friday and there is another on the other side of the Mountain. 

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 04:45:49 PM »
When I saw video on news about the fires, the photos of the burning condos and cabins I saw were in the vicinity of Dollywood. I had seen promotional material for them in the past somewhere.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"