Author Topic: This Weekend  (Read 2297 times)

saloongal

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
This Weekend
« on: March 13, 2013, 02:35:42 PM »
What will attendance be at the park? 
How crazy are we for taking our kids and having nothing to do with OR (kids aren't tall enough)?

Does anyone know if they changed the refillable mug policy?  I am assuming I can bring the ones we always have and they will be refilled, but what about this year's mug, will it be good for this season only?

I have never been there on opening day, and have all of a sudden gotten nervous that the new coaster is going have thousands of people there. 

Any other changes to the park that are going to actually affect the experience this year?

"Children, like fruit, are often sweetest just before they turn bad"

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: This Weekend
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 04:20:24 PM »
I haven't ever been there on Opening Day, but from what I've read and temps predicted in the 70's, I'd say it's going to be crazy busy.  I'm assuming refillable mugs are still in effect since I haven't read anything differently, so I'm hoping someone else will have some info on that one, also. My advice is to get there early!!  If I had the chance to go Opening Day, would I go?  You bet!  Crowd predictions wouldn't keep me away, so if you go, have a great time, and give us a review.

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 07:56:35 AM »

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 09:17:12 AM »
Yep, thats right.,  1 of my friends that work out there verified that number,,,  She said 15,008..... :o :o :o :o

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 02:32:35 PM »
15,000 for opening day is very good. I spoke with an employee at the park yesterday, and he said initial projection was for about 9,000.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"