Author Topic: Your 1st trip this year? 2013..  (Read 7402 times)

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Re: Your 1st trip this year? 2013..
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2013, 06:49:19 AM »
OK friends! I'm leaving the house for SDC RIGHT NOW! (6:45am) I am the portly gent in blue jeans and wearing a grey and white striped shirt. I will be carrying a small camera case. Short grey hair and beard. Wearing eyeglasses. If  you think it's me you see, just approach and ask. I will be in the Outlaw Run area for sure. I'm going to check out the pizza place, Jack's Restaurant, and the other things Swoosh warned us to look for. Hope to see you at SDC today. If you cannot go, don't worry, if all goes well I will post photos prior to 6pm tonight. Everyone have a safe trip and enjoy your day. God bless!!!  ;D
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2013, 07:52:20 AM »
Junior!  You have a SAFE trip, Have a GREAT time..  anxious to see your pics...

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2013, 09:13:56 AM »
Well my first trip in 2013 was a snow-out.  It was still OK for us. We walked the park and seen all the changes. talked with shop personell. And had as good of time as you can under the circumstances.  Cant wait till our next visit.
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

Parson B Ready

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2013, 04:00:08 PM »
Our first trip will be in May.  The kid's first priority will be Outlaw Run.  Mine will be an Apple Dumpling!  We'll probably also try out the new pizza place and no trip to SDC is complete for us without visiting one of Terry Wayne Sanders Characters.

Ozarks Gal

• Cave Guide
  • SDC fan since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2013, 11:22:40 AM »
Our first trip (planned for March 26th) didn't happen. Now we're aiming for April 11. Fingers crossed there's no snow this time!
"Red Flanders, you come back in here and put on your pants!" "Well Sadie, I ain't got no pants no more. The dang Baldknobbers stole 'em!"

lindseytoni

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2013, 12:02:05 PM »
My priority is showing my husband everything! We're taking a surprise birthday trip for him (he has no idea and has never been!) with some friends who are also celebrating a birthday.

We're going for two days (and have our season passes) and want to just take our time and show him EVERYTHING, since the rest of us have been so many times and he has never been.

Food is always a priority for me, but I haven't decided where I want to eat at the park. Outlaw run is pretty high up there!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2013, 04:50:46 PM »
DH and I will be going on Thursday the 21st. Our only plan is to ride Outlaw Run. Anything else is bonus. :)

Everytime you post DH it takes me back because those are my initials -- yes I know it stands for Dear Husband.
SWOOSH

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2013, 03:18:43 AM »
Lindsey, Crossroads Pizza is the newest joint in the city. I have heard a few say they didnt like it, but most people say it is good pizza. Of course I like the ribs and fried taters down by the ribhouse.   I am also a big "stuffet" (err I mean BUFFET) fan. I like the Mine Restaurant too.  (Food is always a priority for me too).
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2013, 05:42:50 AM »
The Philly sandwhich is usually very tasty, you can get them down by the east edge of lake silver...  you didnt say when you were going,, depending on the festival, there are sometimes foods avaialbal @ the red gold hall and the frisco barn,,,

HAve fun

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2013, 07:27:36 PM »
First trip for 2013 was Saturday the 27th -- rainy and cool. Saw the new Argentina show at the Opera House (much better), Island Fire at the Riverfront Playhouse, and the Italian show at Red/Gold (similar to last year's show but a different woman singer and no tables/chairs on the floor in front of the raised seating). Saw part of the Swiss show at the Gazebo and heard bits of Kerry Christiansen and the Russian show as we passed those theaters. The Trevi Fountain replica by Red/Gold was impressive. Tried the new BBQ Skillet; it was okay but not worth the $9.29 for a small bowl. Didn't ride anything due to the hordes of school kids in very long lines.  Many more people in the park on Saturday than I expected due to the bad weather.