Author Topic: Your 1st trip this year? 2013..  (Read 7397 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Your 1st trip this year? 2013..
« on: March 13, 2013, 08:23:10 AM »
Of course all your riders, the priority will be to ride Outlaw Run...

BUT what is your priority after that...OR if you dont do caosters (as i dont), what is on your "must-do" list..??

1st thing.... opening Ceremony of course..

Of course i will check out the OR area, and maybe their new drinks that are listed in the new Pathfinder..

Will check out the other changes that we know about in the park,,

The big thing is....LUNCH!!!!....... you gueesed it!   Crossroads Pizza!!.. I have about 10 more days, and can already smell the ovens working!!

What are you going to do 1st?

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Your 1st trip this year? 2013..
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 09:59:29 AM »
My priority?  I'm such a creature of habit.

*  Pick up the Pathfinder and enjoy a cup of coffee and the free smells at Delilah's

*  Opening Ceremony

*  Just...take...it...all...in...with a stroll thru the park with the hubs

*  Outlaw Run area - can't wait to see it! and hear it!, but I'm not a coaster fan either

*  Skillet bowl, potato on a stick thingy, Sullivan's cinnamon bread

Lots of other things I can't wait to do - WF entertainment, Homestead Pickers, taffy, pottery shop, woodworking shop, blacksmith, and knife making shop (hubs), and EVERYTHING else I can fit in, but the first trip of the year we just...take...it...all...in...

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 04:39:10 PM »
I don't do coasters, either.

15th and 16th:  turnstiles open at 8 AM on the hour, so we'll be there early, not to get in line for OR but to get into Molly's:  we MUST start the year off right!

We've got to get some fruit preserves:  my wife will be out in a week or so--we had just enough to get us through the off-season.

I want to hear the first pickers show of the season.

Mostly, it will be about ambiance this trip--that and celebrating our Anniversary with my Sweetie!

misskim

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 05:13:20 PM »
We'll be there the morning of the 17th. My dh and girls may get in line for Outlaw Run, but my son and I will probably wander around for a bit before heading back to watch them ride. No priorities. It's been 2 years since we've been in the park so we'll just take our time and explore.

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 02:09:08 PM »
Well I think on Sat (March 23) I will meet up with "Green Trams" (cant wait to meet her and her family-as we have never met before). Then I guess we will just see what happens next. Whether we all kinda hang together or go seperatly. I love coasters, Wife does not.  I will not make her wander around for hours waiting for me to ride. I imagine I will not ride OR on Sat.  I will meet up with "How-Do" and "Sand Dune" on Sun (March 24).   Sundays "historically" or a little less crowded. I might get to ride OR on Sun. Again Im excited about meeting "How-Do" and "Sand Dune". Then just let things go as they will.
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

Ozarks Gal

• Cave Guide
  • SDC fan since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 05:33:52 PM »
DH and I will be going on Thursday the 21st. Our only plan is to ride Outlaw Run. Anything else is bonus. :)
"Red Flanders, you come back in here and put on your pants!" "Well Sadie, I ain't got no pants no more. The dang Baldknobbers stole 'em!"

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 06:26:50 PM »
Our first thing is breakfast at the Mill then Opening Ceremony.  When the chains drop we head over and ride the Flooded Mine (and if it's not open yet that throws us  :)) Then over to the Grand Expo to ride before it gets too warm because there's no shade over there.  Then, since our breakfast is settled some by that time we start with the coasters. 
I'm Your Huckleberry

DeweyBald

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 07:50:17 PM »
We'll be there the 20th and 21st.  All I'm planning on is taking it all in and enjoying the moment!

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2013, 08:10:14 PM »
OK, so here we are at the Best Western, and we just realized our season passes ar4e back home   :o :'(

Anybody online now know what the procedure is for getting replacements for tomorrow?

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2013, 08:13:18 PM »
Oooppps!  Stop by the ticket booths and they will sell you a replacement pass for a nominal fee. It is opening day, so if they snicker at you just a little bit, well...you know, what can I say? Grin and bear it. Besides, chances are they won't snicker at least until you leave.  ;) Have a great day!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2013, 08:17:53 PM »
Thanks!

For the price of gas back home, I can live with a nominal fee and snickering   :-[

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2013, 08:18:14 PM »
Knowing my brother, & i.... We will probably be 1 of the 1st ones in preferred parking, & he'll prob'ly wanna have breakfast at the park. After that, go find sandunerider & qwed94 & see what these people are all about. It will be nice to meet them! After the rope drops, straight to Outlaw Run. Then the GS, FITH, WF. Soak up the atmosphere of the park the rest of the day with no plans. May just sit at some of our favorite places & people watch. Then be bummed out when we have to leave....

Stop it folks, ya'r makin' me jones already!! :D
Live life like it's the last day!

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2013, 09:35:16 PM »
OK, so here we are at the Best Western, and we just realized our season passes ar4e back home   :o :'(

Anybody online now know what the procedure is for getting replacements for tomorrow?

This happened to my niece a couple of years ago.  They sent us to Guest Relations.  It took about 30 minutes (slow line), didn't cost anything, and we were soon on our way.

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2013, 09:35:42 PM »
We are also heading in the 21st.  My husband and I are taking a much-needed couple trip to Branson!

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2013, 11:23:18 PM »
Eat! I LOVE the food!!
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin