Author Topic: SDC's 2015 Project  (Read 386725 times)

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2015 Project
« Reply #990 on: March 28, 2015, 02:38:21 PM »
But they said on the map, there will be a soft play area, like Mc Ds with ball pit and slide, and a  jungle gym for adults featuring rock wall, tubes, slides, and mazes. They only have the soft play area. They told me they consider stuff thats in the ball factory to be the big kid obstacle course but its not. Its just some rubber stuff for stairs along with the ball factory. Nothing more. Nothing like what it said and i know what it said because I have the paper to prove it. I was pissed when they told me that because i really wanted to go on a rock wall for the first time and go on a cool obstacle course which would also be my first time. But no, they wanted to change it and do it their way, different from the map. IM PISSED!
It appears the people you know and that are willing to talk led you in the wrong direction...I haven't seen the FL yet but I would love to see an obstacle course that all could enjoy as well. Didn't they do some sort of obstacle course at Dollywood a few years ago? How has that gone over? I'd like to try climbing a rock wall also.
Colorado SDC Fan

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #991 on: March 28, 2015, 02:47:40 PM »
The ropes course at DW was removed.  Firechaser Express is located there now
SWOOSH

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: March 28, 2015, 09:34:08 PM »
No swoosh. They promised a kiddie obstacle course, an adult obstacle course, and the foam ball factory. All 3 separate from each other, but in the same building. But they didnt put the adult obstacle course in, like they were suppost to.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: March 28, 2015, 09:53:54 PM »
Well you know best...
I'm done responding to you. You no longer exist.
SWOOSH

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: March 28, 2015, 09:56:45 PM »
No. I never said I know best.

Good because Im tired of your insults.

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: March 28, 2015, 10:40:46 PM »
The ropes course at DW was removed.  Firechaser Express is located there now
I wondered how long it would last. Did it have to with the cost of insuring it or was it just not that popular?
Colorado SDC Fan

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: March 28, 2015, 10:43:17 PM »
The park decided to move in a different direction.
I heard what was the ultimate reason was the high number of attendants that was required to run it was eating at the bottom line considering the low PPH the attraction had. The upper portion of the trails was barely utilized the final season to keep down labor costs.
SWOOSH

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: March 28, 2015, 10:45:31 PM »
Makes sense. Sounds like a good business decision.
Colorado SDC Fan

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: March 28, 2015, 10:52:11 PM »
What they replaced it with was a huge upgrade, but I have to admit I enjoyed the ropes course the two times I got to experience it.
SWOOSH

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: March 29, 2015, 12:01:56 PM »
No swoosh. They promised a kiddie obstacle course, an adult obstacle course, and the foam ball factory. All 3 separate from each other, but in the same building. But they didnt put the adult obstacle course in, like they were suppost to.

I never saw anything that promised an adult obstacle course.  The inside of the building needs to be for children because that's pretty much what they replaced Geyser Gulch with.  They need a place where they can play without being overrun by older children/teens. Believe me, being a father, that if there isn't enough for younger children to do it can make for a bad day.  We want them to be excited to go to SDC.  There is already a lot of things to do for teens/adults.
I'm Your Huckleberry

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: March 29, 2015, 01:26:53 PM »
I too have no idea where Laroy got his information.  I went through my press packet I got from the park and there is literally nothing in there that would even partially elude to an adult obstacle course. 
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1001 on: March 29, 2015, 04:17:03 PM »
There seems to be some confusion here, so let me clear this up so that we can move on:

We've passed some rumors and discussion back and forth for the past several years about SDC possibly putting in it's own version of Adventure Mountain on the site of the old Watterboggin. At one point something of this nature was even included in an attractions survey. Obviously AM didn't work out as intended, so the rumor died.

Fireman's Landing is intended for children approximately 2-12, with the exception of FireFall, which is attractive to all ages that meet the height requirement. The indoor portions of FL are somewhat split between areas for smaller children and areas for larger children, but as with Geyser Gulch, it is definitely meant for children.

Perhaps the rumor of the AM ropes course was confused in a few people's minds with the announcement of the indoor play area of FL. Let's just clear this up and point out that they are distinctly different, and FL is pretty much just for kids.

SO, to move on... I'm curious to see what a 20,000 patron day will look like in FL. FireFall is a great piece of the area in theory, but the capacity issues are ridiculous. It really seems like they had the opportunity to re-engineer the tower to accommodate at least another seat on each side like the bigger S&S towers.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: March 29, 2015, 04:47:34 PM »
Where have you seen towers that feature 4x4x4x4 seating?  All of the ones I have seen have been 3x3x3x3 or 4x2x4x2 
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: March 29, 2015, 04:55:18 PM »
Because you can never have enough photos of Fireman's Landing here are my photos finally
http://www.midwestinfoguide.com/silver/2015/03.22/
SWOOSH

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: March 29, 2015, 05:13:44 PM »
FireFall is a great piece of the area in theory, but the capacity issues are ridiculous. It really seems like they had the opportunity to re-engineer the tower to accommodate at least another seat on each side like the bigger S&S towers.
If I am not mistaken that originally had 4 seats per side when it was at CC.  Rode it a few times.  Possibly they went to 3 seats per side because they are modified seats and larger than the others.