Author Topic: SDC's 2015 Project  (Read 386977 times)

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2015 Project
« Reply #720 on: August 13, 2014, 12:08:00 PM »
Have no doubt they will do this up well on the theming front. And it will be a nice addition to SDC for families with younger ones. A bit of an underwhelming yawner on the ride front, but that's what you get with this type of area. Guess it leaves me wondering why in the world they invested in HDH when FL will greatly overshadow it with similar experiences.

I'm not disappointed at all. I wasn't really wowed either. That said, really tough to call until it's there to experience and judge in the flesh.

Ozarks Gal

• Cave Guide
  • SDC fan since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: August 13, 2014, 12:10:21 PM »
I'm having trouble telling from the image: I'm assuming the Splash Yard is the splash pad that is already there, is Station No. 3 Firehouse Play Place just a revamp of the Geyser Gulch building already in place or is it a new building?

Also not surprising that the Harlem Globetrotters will have a summer show/presence.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 12:12:10 PM by Ozarks Gal »
"Red Flanders, you come back in here and put on your pants!" "Well Sadie, I ain't got no pants no more. The dang Baldknobbers stole 'em!"

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: August 13, 2014, 12:12:12 PM »
Let me also be the first to point out that I do believe this new area will dramatically improve the aesthetics of the former GG space. All in all, should be a very nice addition to the park. Now if we can get our B&M winged coaster soaring around and above the area to help put out the flames, it's really a whole new ballgame.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: August 13, 2014, 12:15:35 PM »
Have no doubt they will do this up well on the theming front. And it will be a nice addition to SDC for families with younger ones. A bit of an underwhelming yawner on the ride front, but that's what you get with this type of area. Guess it leaves me wondering why in the world they invested in HDH when FL will greatly overshadow it with similar experiences.

I'm not disappointed at all. I wasn't really wowed either. That said, really tough to call until it's there to experience and judge in the flesh.

Yup...

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: August 13, 2014, 12:18:18 PM »

Maybe it will go in the way of the Do Do bird with the exception of carousel.

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: August 13, 2014, 12:21:08 PM »
Swoosh, or anyone else in the know...the artwork seems to indicate a pathway going toward the tracks on the far side of the area near the "junior fire escape". Do we have any reason to believe that at some point this path could continue around Silver Lake to hook up with Wilson's Farm?

A pipe dream, I know, but how cool would it be to see a future B&M winged coaster not only anchoring the area, but soaring out over the lake as well. That would make that space absolutely incredible. Truly something for everyone.

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: August 13, 2014, 12:21:47 PM »
The large foundations (near the train tracks) looks to be what will become Firestation #3.

It looks like it will have a smaller footprint than GG, but the same idea with the foam cannons.

I was 99% sure the balloons would make a return, but I am just so glad to see them in the rendering.
You have a great past just ahead of you.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #727 on: August 13, 2014, 12:22:01 PM »
The water cannons will be missed, but I'm very pleased with the look of the area. They've done a much better job of blending the rides into the area and producing a well thought-out atmosphere and experience for the whole area.

They are actually demolishing every piece of GG for this, and pushing the area back rather than building behind the old GG structure like I was assuming.

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: August 13, 2014, 12:23:11 PM »
^ Didn't they spend something like 4 million on HDH? In hindsight, that seems like it may have been a huge waste of resources, especially given the general proximity between these two areas. They really aren't all that far apart.

jstein4507

• View Profile
« Reply #729 on: August 13, 2014, 12:25:03 PM »
While nothing from CC is in the addition, I see at least two existing rides.

I have been reading on this forum for a long time, and just registered to add my thoughts.

I like the new concept, but why did GG have to go away for this to happen? Modern amusement park design is starting to go the way of the city park.

Now, instead of my son expressing his freedom to run around and play, he will be shoehorned into a smaller space, or have to  wait in line for a ride that is a lot like the rides everywhere else.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: August 13, 2014, 12:25:53 PM »
The water cannons will be missed, but I'm very pleased with the look of the area. They've done a much better job of blending the rides into the area and producing a well thought-out atmosphere and experience for the whole area.

They are actually demolishing every piece of GG for this, and pushing the area back rather than building behind the old GG structure like I was assuming.

Notice the train crossing between 7 and 8

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: August 13, 2014, 12:29:23 PM »
^ Exactly what I was questioning and referring to. Could be for maintenance I suppose. Hope not though.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: August 13, 2014, 12:29:53 PM »
While nothing from CC is in the addition, I see at least two existing rides.

I have been reading on this forum for a long time, and just registered to add my thoughts.

I like the new concept, but why did GG have to go away for this to happen? Modern amusement park design is starting to go the way of the city park.

Now, instead of my son expressing his freedom to run around and play, he will be shoehorned into a smaller space, or have to  wait in line for a ride that is a lot like the rides everywhere else.

This seems t9 have lots of the same features as the play structure its replacing if not more while makinv use of the dead  areas left behind of the two closed attractions.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: August 13, 2014, 12:30:18 PM »
Appears to be very well thought out design of course..  All new buildings, so they are secure and current...  I probably wont be in the area more than once or twice,  But it looks good..

Just have the repeated concern.... another? kids area?.   Or am I looking at this wrong.... is the balloon ride, the "bumpy" wagon and the "firefall" all considered adult rides? Therfore making the area a "family" area.

The path going back to the RR crossing looks suspicious also...  Layout for 2016 maybe.....

I Also didn't see or hear the info on the globetrotters? There all summer?  is that right?   I didn't see that coming..!~~~   LOL

Overall pleased with the way it looks.!

jstein4507

• View Profile
« Reply #734 on: August 13, 2014, 12:31:11 PM »
Need a train depot there.