Author Topic: SDC's 2015 Project  (Read 386496 times)

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
Re: SDC's 2015 Project
« Reply #690 on: August 12, 2014, 11:23:27 AM »
I agree that anyone who knows what the new rides are should keep it to themselves because SDC should be the one to give us the official announcement tomorrow instead of someone posting the new area details on a website like this where everyone can come and see the rides a day before SDC wants us to know.

mammalone

« Reply #691 on: August 12, 2014, 11:57:36 AM »
Thumbs up! I remember when they announced TNT and they had a scale model of it in the little wooden hut on your right before you entered the hospitality house. I wonder if they'll put something similar somewhere for this...

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #692 on: August 12, 2014, 12:10:20 PM »
^That's doubtful.  Models cost a lot of money, and with computer engineering and graphics, models are no longer necessary to get the images to the public.  I'm not saying they never use them, but that with the cost and time involved, it doesn't happen often anymore.  I did love to look at those old models though.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #693 on: August 12, 2014, 12:52:10 PM »
Shave, at this point are you ok with sharing of the deets of FL on this site since it is close to the announcement?

I've been having trouble coming up with a clear policy on this, but we frown on digging up exactly what the park is doing when they are setting up an announcement such as this one (which I guess is now the norm anyway). Posting "rumors" is OK, but it's always hard to draw the line. We want to be in the know while at the same time protecting the park's ability to create impactful announcements and publicity campaigns.

Anyone happen to know what time the announcement will be made live tomorrow?

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #694 on: August 12, 2014, 01:22:54 PM »
So will the announcement be sent to people who sign up before they post information on Facebook and Twitter? Also, since it's called a "five-alarm" announcement will it take place at one time or at will they announce something at five different times throughout the day tomorrow?

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: August 12, 2014, 01:45:08 PM »
I've been having trouble coming up with a clear policy on this, but we frown on digging up exactly what the park is doing when they are setting up an announcement such as this one (which I guess is now the norm anyway). Posting "rumors" is OK, but it's always hard to draw the line. We want to be in the know while at the same time protecting the park's ability to create impactful announcements and publicity campaigns.

Hints are always welcome, but I think what we need is for insider information to be kept inside.  If an observation can be made from the outside, that just becomes public knowledge.

For "insiders", it's always fun to be in on the secret, and for "outsiders", the building suspense is always a part of any great catharsis.

saladdays

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: August 12, 2014, 03:04:51 PM »
^That's doubtful.  Models cost a lot of money, and with computer engineering and graphics, models are no longer necessary to get the images to the public.  I'm not saying they never use them, but that with the cost and time involved, it doesn't happen often anymore.  I did love to look at those old models though.

I agree with what you say, although I don't know if that model was really used for anything other than showing off for the visitors of the park. It didn't seem like the type that would have been used in conjunction with actually creating the ride (but then again, I'm not familiar with really how that process worked).

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: August 12, 2014, 03:12:37 PM »
I'm hoping for a great surprise tomorrow, but if not, I will be happy if it is just themed well and is a nice well rounded experience for the whole family.

Jay
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 07:04:01 PM by cowboy »

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #698 on: August 12, 2014, 03:49:26 PM »
I think I will be surprised with the announcement tomorrow.

The only ride I think I'll ride is the S&S tower and I think some members of my family will love the new area, but we'll see tomorrow!

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: August 12, 2014, 04:10:48 PM »
It probably won't happen, but it would be great to have actual fire in places.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #700 on: August 12, 2014, 04:50:25 PM »
I say we wait for the park
SWOOSH

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: August 12, 2014, 05:37:19 PM »
Regarding 2015.... What's a fire without some water?

Could this be a hint of the Roaring Falls ride from Celebration City?
I'm Your Huckleberry

mammalone

« Reply #702 on: August 12, 2014, 05:49:38 PM »
The announcement is at 11:30.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #703 on: August 12, 2014, 06:09:12 PM »
Regarding 2015.... What's a fire without some water?

Could this be a hint of the Roaring Falls ride from Celebration City?

It was sold, so no
SWOOSH

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: August 12, 2014, 06:17:15 PM »
^^^gotcha.  I was hoping something like that might appear to lessen some of the wait times on other water rides.
I'm Your Huckleberry