Author Topic: SDC's 2015 Project  (Read 384379 times)

Hollwood

Re: SDC's 2015 Project
« Reply #645 on: August 08, 2014, 08:08:48 PM »
No coaster...

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #646 on: August 08, 2014, 09:59:58 PM »
But are you saying that a new coaster IS coming for 2015?

2016 at the earliest.
SWOOSH

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #647 on: August 08, 2014, 10:22:32 PM »
Remember this post by Grapeslie from the 2013 Construction thread?

"Just got home from day two of the ACE SDC Event going on right now. First of all Outlaw Run is amazing beyond expectation! Also I spoke with Pete Herschend (yes he showed up it was cool) and he  told me that us coaster enthusiasts should keep our eyes open for 2015 because they are gonna make us happy again!  SDC Bring it on!"

Sounds like some kind of coaster for next year unless the project has been delayed.  Just saying...

So this project mentioned on May 31 must have been delayed. I didn't think they would get a coaster next year anymore since it's already August 8 and they probably don't have enough time to build a decent coaster before opening day 2015.

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #648 on: August 08, 2014, 10:25:35 PM »
Oh I didn't realize that that post was actually from 2013 and someone just re-posted it on May 31. That makes more sense that they would delay building a coaster for 2015 in 2013 instead of between May 31 and now.

Tawny71

• View Profile
« Reply #649 on: August 09, 2014, 05:45:45 AM »
That quote doesn't say anything about a coaster. It just says there are rides coming in 2015 that coaster enthusiasts will be happy about.

Swoosh (who seems to be very in the know) has said a new coaster won't happen till at least 2016. He also indicated it'll either be a launch coaster (like Firechaser Express at Dollywood) or a winged coaster (like Wild Eagle at Dollywood). I would hope for something like Wild Eagle, since we already have a launched coaster.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #650 on: August 09, 2014, 07:51:55 AM »
If you follow rumors for very long on a site like this, you have to keep in mind that we are only getting tiny glimpses into what is going on behind the scenes. Sometimes we're flat out wrong, but more often the parks plans just change over time. I know for a fact that a lot of different attractions have been heavily considered and rumored about over the past few years, but never came to fruition for one reason or another. It's hard to predict what a business is actually going to do at the end of the day.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: August 09, 2014, 11:46:56 AM »
I know for a fact that a lot of different attractions have been heavily considered and rumored about over the past few years, but never came to fruition for one reason or another. It's hard to predict what a business is actually going to do at the end of the day.

The most glaring of those was the Mystery Mine clone for SDC.  After the "less than stellar" results at DW the company decided to go in a different direction.
SWOOSH

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #652 on: August 09, 2014, 04:15:59 PM »
It's hard to predict what a business is actually going to do at the end of the day.

Especially in the amusement industry when new rides always come out and some rides become less popular while others become more popular.

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: August 09, 2014, 09:21:22 PM »
Was at the park today. Nothing to report on the new project, the only things that look different are the new fence that closes off the area and the tarps that were on GG are removed. But everything else was still standing (I was thinking some major demolition would have take place this last week).

Jay

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #654 on: August 09, 2014, 09:35:49 PM »
General appearance of the end product?  I think it would look cool as a brick area.  Is this the implied look presented in the picture?

Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: August 09, 2014, 11:18:43 PM »
You'll have to wait until the 13th to find out. ;)

SWOOSH

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #656 on: August 09, 2014, 11:36:58 PM »
You'll have to wait until the 13th to find out. ;)

3 days and 24 minutes.... I'm excited for the announcement - even though the project will probably be something more kid-friendly and I won't even go through more than a few times.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #657 on: August 10, 2014, 10:31:21 AM »
The S&S double shot will be worth riding on any given trip, provided that the lines are not crazy. I'm actually interested to see how they manage that one... it's going to be a pretty popular ride, but capacity isn't great with one tower.

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #658 on: August 10, 2014, 10:54:23 AM »
The S&S double shot will be worth riding on any given trip, provided that the lines are not crazy. I'm actually interested to see how they manage that one... it's going to be a pretty popular ride, but capacity isn't great with one tower.

Since the tower isn't very tall, some people might not not want to wait for it. They might choose to ride more thrilling rides like OR and PK. But, I'll ride the shot tower I the line isn't to long.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: August 10, 2014, 11:43:04 AM »

Yeah, that's the only drawback to that ride, it's a modern day staple but many larger parks have two and three tower configurations.