Author Topic: SDC's 2015 Project  (Read 384210 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: SDC's 2015 Project
« Reply #450 on: July 01, 2014, 08:44:29 PM »
Moreover from the fact that some people don't like to have the surprise spoiled from them, I'm not a huge fan of spoiling announcements for the park either. Now, obviously I like to engage in a lot of pointed speculation and we often pretty much figure things out before the announcements, but there's a fine line between solving the puzzle and just exploiting misplaced files or legal filings. I still feel bad about the fact that the Outlaw Run announcement was leaked early on this site. I know it ticked off the park and made us look really bad.

I will clarify in our "rules" later tonight about what not to post in these situations. I'm on the fence about a lot of it myself.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 01, 2014, 08:45:15 PM »
 :-X

Hint 3: Who owns the name?

Herschend Family Entertainment Corporation CORPORATION MISSOURI 399 Indian Point Road Branson MISSOURI 65616

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #452 on: July 01, 2014, 08:50:03 PM »
Hints?  LOL.  This coming from the guy who runs "Where in the City?"

:P  I was just advocating for other people, of course.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: July 01, 2014, 08:54:31 PM »
Moreover from the fact that some people don't like to have the surprise spoiled from them, I'm not a huge fan of spoiling announcements for the park either. Now, obviously I like to engage in a lot of pointed speculation and we often pretty much figure things out before the announcements, but there's a fine line between solving the puzzle and just exploiting misplaced files or legal filings. I still feel bad about the fact that the Outlaw Run announcement was leaked early on this site. I know it ticked off the park and made us look really bad.

I will clarify in our "rules" later tonight about what not to post in these situations. I'm on the fence about a lot of it myself.

when it came to those images, they had no one to blame but themselves.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #454 on: July 01, 2014, 09:05:15 PM »

when it came to those images, they had no one to blame but themselves.

So again, when you find them (and Shave pretty much told you where you can find them) DO NOT POST THE NAME ON HERE.

Also it was leaked on TPR before here -- including the layout.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 09:40:51 PM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: July 01, 2014, 09:07:34 PM »

Herschend Family Entertainment Corporation CORPORATION MISSOURI 399 Indian Point Road Branson MISSOURI 65616

Actually in this case it is: Silver Dollar City, LLC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY MISSOURI Suite 200 5445 Triangle Parkway Norcross GEORGIA 30092
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: July 01, 2014, 09:12:37 PM »

Actually in this case it is: Silver Dollar City, LLC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY MISSOURI Suite 200 5445 Triangle Parkway Norcross GEORGIA 30092

not a fan

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: July 01, 2014, 09:27:35 PM »
Really could be more creative  :-\

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 01, 2014, 09:33:18 PM »
Yeah, I thought so too.  I had heard 3 different possible names tossed around and all of them were about on part with this one. 

You do have to admit, it is straight to the point.
SWOOSH

Willzillaross

• View Profile
« Reply #459 on: July 01, 2014, 10:19:41 PM »
 :-\  Hmm...not sure how I feel about this one.

Welp, only time will tell if it lives up to the Silver Dollar City name.

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: July 01, 2014, 10:24:41 PM »
Everything will pan out.  I don't think the current structure will be completely dismantled though.  It should only get a facelift.  It will be nice to have a new, more appropriate, color scheme.  Many of the current features will be simple to retool into a new theme, as well.

Willzillaross

• View Profile
« Reply #461 on: July 01, 2014, 10:38:51 PM »
I don't think the current structure will be completely dismantled though.  It should only get a facelift.  It will be nice to have a new, more appropriate, color scheme.  Many of the current features will be simple to retool into a new theme, as well.

I would hope they wouldn't try to remove too much of the current structure. I attended the park before the days of GG, as much as I miss the days before GG, the Town Hall structure has become an iconic building for the park IMO.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: July 01, 2014, 10:45:06 PM »
I don't think the current structure will be completely dismantled though.  It should only get a facelift.  It will be nice to have a new, more appropriate, color scheme.  Many of the current features will be simple to retool into a new theme, as well.

I would hope they wouldn't try to remove too much of the current structure. I attended the park before the days of GG, as much as I miss the days before GG, the Town Hall structure has become an iconic building for the park IMO.

I don't think they are, the concept art is pretty telling on this one.

looking back at the concept art, it sure looks like Zamperla will be in the house in some way

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: July 01, 2014, 10:49:51 PM »
I like it.  I think it will be great for kids.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 01, 2014, 10:55:36 PM »
Here's the concepts again