Author Topic: SDC's 2015 Project  (Read 384389 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: SDC's 2015 Project
« Reply #360 on: May 16, 2014, 06:01:57 PM »
That's bizzare. I don't think it was intended to be a highly trafficed ride, it was just something else for young kids to do in the HDH area. I wouldn't think they would take it out for low ridership, and I don't know why they would take it out just to leave a void at the start of as season. This seems like an odd move on their part.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #361 on: May 16, 2014, 06:38:12 PM »
All we know is that it is in storage right now.  There had been rumors that it was going to happen, but then we were told that they weren't true.  Guess that changed -- as so many things do at SDC.

Some other whispers of changes coming that I hope are not true.  If I see movement in that area regarding them I'll point it out.  Like I said, I hope they are not true.
SWOOSH

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #362 on: May 16, 2014, 07:13:43 PM »
Uh oh.  That doesn't sound good.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 16, 2014, 07:39:15 PM »
When we were there last time I saw it and wondered if anyone ever ride it.  My 2 year old would love it but she won't be tall enough until next year to ride it.  It would be better utilized if it was in the expo toddler area and if they were able to lower the height requirement a bit.  I also noticed that hdh wasn't really busy when we were there but every place else was packed.

Let's be honest, it underwhelmed  play structure wise considering it kinda replaced the treehouse. Was glad the carousel was there though.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 16, 2014, 08:53:24 PM »

If I ran a popular(?) Disneyfreak website I would put it under a "declining by degrees" heading.  I am just not a fan of making SDC feel more like an "amusement park" and this would definitely do it.  You think the carny game was bad over by GG?  That would be NOTHING if the rumor is true.
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 16, 2014, 09:51:39 PM »

If I ran a popular(?) Disneyfreak website I would put it under a "declining by degrees" heading.  I am just not a fan of making SDC feel more like an "amusement park" and this would definitely do it.  You think the carny game was bad over by GG?  That would be NOTHING if the rumor is true.

Well, that's what I feel they have been doing at Dollywood. But I say that as someone that went there when it was the second SDC.

SDC#1fan

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 17, 2014, 09:58:54 AM »
Another thing I noticed is in the 4 times we have been this year I have never once seen the new game by GG open.
Look dad a bear! (colton pointing to a Cow)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 17, 2014, 08:34:45 PM »
Yeah there's a reason for that. 
SWOOSH

SDC#1fan

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 18, 2014, 10:37:21 AM »
What is that reason?
Look dad a bear! (colton pointing to a Cow)

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 18, 2014, 11:20:42 AM »
What is that reason?

thought it had been posted, noise complaints from the performers at the playhouse... right?

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 19, 2014, 08:18:14 AM »
Another thing I noticed is in the 4 times we have been this year I have never once seen the new game by GG open.

I saw it open one time during World Fest.

BobKrause

• View Profile
    • Facebook - Bob Krause
« Reply #371 on: May 23, 2014, 08:44:23 AM »
The lack of "World Fest"-ive decorations is due to the park-wide theme for this year.  Believe me, World Fest isn't going anywhere anytime soon.  Sorry, but let's squish that rumor right now.

*chop chop*

Good! Though I don't always make it, World Fest is one of my favorite festivals at SDC!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 23, 2014, 10:26:40 PM »
Sounds like the game by GG will be moved to GE this coming week.  The giant GE map has been removed to make room for it.

My eyes could have been playing tricks on me, but there appears to be several rides backstage getting worked on.  You can see them in certain lift hills.  Just keep your eyes open
SWOOSH

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 23, 2014, 10:33:31 PM »
So if the park goes with the Dugan theme, as a promotional device, how many are in favor of a Junior Dugan reunion, say for 2015 media day, to promote the new area...and yes, I am shamelessly planting this in a vain attempt to put this in the minds of the PTB. I'd love to see some of the old crew together for a reunion! Fun times, ya had to be there...oh yeah, some of you were!

"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 24, 2014, 11:59:07 AM »
So if the park goes with the Dugan theme, as a promotional device, how many are in favor of a Junior Dugan reunion, say for 2015 media day, to promote the new area...and yes, I am shamelessly planting this in a vain attempt to put this in the minds of the PTB. I'd love to see some of the old crew together for a reunion! Fun times, ya had to be there...oh yeah, some of you were!

Sounds good to me!
I'm Your Huckleberry