Author Topic: SDC's 2015 Project  (Read 384245 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: SDC's 2015 Project
« Reply #255 on: March 22, 2014, 01:46:53 PM »
Considering the size of the project.  They didn't have a choice.
Everything you know is about to change.
SWOOSH

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #256 on: March 22, 2014, 03:19:12 PM »
^...but...but I don't know anything!

Everything I know about the roundhouse?  the railroad?  Geyser Gulch?  the WB tower?  Everything?
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 22, 2014, 04:38:57 PM »
^^^
I'm thinking everything we know about the 2015 concept is about to change.  That could be a good thing.
I'm Your Huckleberry

Grapeslie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 22, 2014, 05:23:48 PM »
Hmmm I like the sound of this!  :P
The Scariest Part Of The Ride Is The Lift Hill!

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 22, 2014, 06:37:33 PM »
Demo continues from the landing area of the old Waterboggan all the way to the Waterboggan tower.  Surely the tower be a part of the new attraction.  This looks to double the size of the current GG when completed, extending closer to the existing train track - a whole new area.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #260 on: March 22, 2014, 10:56:39 PM »
The shot tower is almost a definite, considering they had it in every single concept pitch. What surprised me is that there was no mention of the supersplash. It was rumored that they were looking at the possibility of adding it to this area some years ago, so I wonder if that's still on the drawing boards somewhere.

Until I see something substantial that tells us otherwise though, I'm going to assume that this clearing is for the shot tower and a few Zamperla rides. The theme is really what's going to be interesting here, and we probably won't be able to figure that out for sure until they finally make the announcement.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 23, 2014, 12:03:07 PM »
Sounds like the Grand Expo 2. " lakeside"

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 23, 2014, 12:27:06 PM »
The shot tower is almost a definite, considering they had it in every single concept pitch. What surprised me is that there was no mention of the supersplash. It was rumored that they were looking at the possibility of adding it to this area some years ago, so I wonder if that's still on the drawing boards somewhere.

Until I see something substantial that tells us otherwise though, I'm going to assume that this clearing is for the shot tower and a few Zamperla rides. The theme is really what's going to be interesting here, and we probably won't be able to figure that out for sure until they finally make the announcement.

In 2011 the survey included a woodie, a shot tower for the second time (first a shot tower like that of lead shot and the second as a taller one themed to a ride to the moon, and a saddle ride like coaster that was themed to horses.
We have Outlaw Run, seem to in line for the first shot tower that went to Celebration City basically unthemed and if it comes to SDC will have to be themed up and I can't help but think that if this is a Zamperla package that we'll see the horse ride coaster as a custom tracked one themed to riding a rocket. I can see Zamperla's newer high thrill flat ride called an Air Race being themed to fireworks as well.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 12:35:51 PM by chittlins »

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #263 on: March 23, 2014, 07:54:07 PM »
One of the posters on the negative-g forum claims an employee said GG will be torn down in August.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 23, 2014, 08:35:45 PM »
I noticed that, too, but I wonder why they spent money to purchase new balls for the ball cannons if they were just going to get rid of it - unless they just had some balls in storage.  I guess it wouldn't be a huge investment, but still...

I will not mourn GG, but I do wish they would take care of demo and construction in the off-season like they used to.  It's a shorter season than it used to be, and it's cold - I get it - but they're not even trying to hide the modern equipment as in former years.  Remember, for example, the big fence around the Riverblast, or even the fence around the pizza place, last year?  Where is the mysterious fence now?

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 23, 2014, 08:57:39 PM »
One of the posters on the negative-g forum claims an employee said GG will be torn down in August.

Swoosh gave you this that seems to back that up considering most of the pics are coming from GG:

2.  Visible through summer

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #266 on: March 23, 2014, 10:33:59 PM »
Seems like a waste to me to tear down GG. I've been assuming that something major will happen to it, but I wouldn't expect it to just be torn all the way down. It seems like such a major and somewhat unique attraction, I'd hate to see it make way for just a bunch of cookie cutter Zamperla rides.

I just went back to take a look at the concept pitches, and each one of them mentions an interactive climb/play structure. Sounds and looks like they are just going to gut GG and rebuild it. The Fire Station pitch actually directly mentions that they would just put a new facade on GG.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 24, 2014, 08:02:04 AM »
Sounds like the Grand Expo 2. " lakeside"

As long as the rides are themed. The GE consisted of stock models and that's my biggest complaint. Zamperla does customized rides. I did an image search for zamperla air rides and several different themed ride cars come up past the standard plane themed models. I  love the one with golden eagles on a raised platform over in Europe and the one them with no wings but a wooden spoke buggy is done well to. I have a concern for capacity on the existing S&A shot tower at CC.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 08:35:34 AM by chittlins »

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 25, 2014, 07:41:14 PM »

Swoosh gave you this that seems to back that up considering most of the pics are coming from GG:

2.  Visible through summer

Swoosh gave me what? I followed the link to negative-g and read the posts. If at some point Swoosh said GG was getting torn down in August I missed that. Not sure what you mean here.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 25, 2014, 07:47:29 PM »
Seems like a waste to me to tear down GG. I've been assuming that something major will happen to it, but I wouldn't expect it to just be torn all the way down. It seems like such a major and somewhat unique attraction, I'd hate to see it make way for just a bunch of cookie cutter Zamperla rides.

I just went back to take a look at the concept pitches, and each one of them mentions an interactive climb/play structure. Sounds and looks like they are just going to gut GG and rebuild it. The Fire Station pitch actually directly mentions that they would just put a new facade on GG.

I certainly hope so. If it is getting replaced it needs to be with some kind of self service play area, not rides. Rides are fine, but don't last very long or keep the younger kids busy for very long without waiting in line and having some kind of supervision.