Author Topic: SDC's 2015 Project  (Read 386914 times)

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2015 Project
« Reply #240 on: March 19, 2014, 07:28:35 AM »
With all the work in the old Waterboggen area it looks like that might be where the 2015 project goes. I myself would love to see something like a 3D/4D attraction. Along the lines of Toy Story mania at Disney or Spider man at Universal. This way it could be a indoor attraction and the designers would not have to worry about guests seeing the backstage area's. So, What would be a good themed attraction like this to go in this space, and does HFE have the experience and cash to build something of this magnitude?

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 19, 2014, 06:11:49 PM »
With all the work in the old Waterboggen area it looks like that might be where the 2015 project goes. I myself would love to see something like a 3D/4D attraction. Along the lines of Toy Story mania at Disney or Spider man at Universal. This way it could be a indoor attraction and the designers would not have to worry about guests seeing the backstage area's. So, What would be a good themed attraction like this to go in this space, and does HFE have the experience and cash to build something of this magnitude?

The obvious answer (and it's been thrown out multiple times) that a rebirth of the Diving Bell using the new technology would be awesome. However, the backstage area seems destined to be moved and redeveloped as park of future expansion as its fairly flat and more ADA compliant.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 19, 2014, 08:59:32 PM »
Bring back the Diving Bell!!

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 19, 2014, 09:41:10 PM »
if the PTB are listening, please bring back the diving bell

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #244 on: March 19, 2014, 11:31:48 PM »
I think the diving bell has been brought up in every single project thread since this site started, not to mention half the other threads in this topic. I'm sure they know about the idea.

For 2015, we're either looking at getting something fairly close to what was pitched in the last set of concept surveys, or they'll splurge and go for a new family coaster similar to Firechaser Express. I'm thinking that they'll go for the refurb of GG in 2015, followed by the coaster in 2016/2017. At this point though I'm hoping they don't go with the fireman theme just because it's been done so heavily at Dollywood. I'm cool with the parks sharing general ride concepts, but I want them to keep being creative rather than recycling themes like Six Flags and Cedar Fair.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 20, 2014, 12:00:10 AM »
Thanks, all, for your "diving bell" nods. I really do wish they'd bring it back with the modern technology. The old attraction holds a special place in my heart and memories. It would be great if a new generation of park guests could get a taste of something that what once was...
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 20, 2014, 09:54:42 AM »
Cant help but wonder the "All American" theme this year is a kick off for a big "fireworks" doings next year...

2016 would be 240 years,,,,,  so maybe the fireworks concept is not so far out of reach?

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 20, 2014, 11:26:40 AM »
Cant help but wonder the "All American" theme this year is a kick off for a big "fireworks" doings next year...

2016 would be 240 years,,,,,  so maybe the fireworks concept is not so far out of reach?

Announcement around the 4th?

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 20, 2014, 12:29:29 PM »
I doubt It this year... they will not want to take away from this year "excitement"..

If GG is getting a redo,  an IF the new project is a coaster to compliment GG, that wont be announced to much later on.....

Time will give us more answers............. ::) ::)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #249 on: March 21, 2014, 01:03:56 AM »
Posters on Negative-G have posted some new photos of the clearing: http://www.negative-g.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4964

Looks like it's shaping up to be quite a project with them starting this early and clearing so much space.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 21, 2014, 07:17:50 AM »
Posters on Negative-G have posted some new photos of the clearing: http://www.negative-g.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4964

Looks like it's shaping up to be quite a project with them starting this early and clearing so much space.

I'm just happy that all three concepts had the shot tower from CC. That's a staple, though I'm concerned about that one's particular capacity. Some of the better one's I've been on are the shorter one's.  I'm just hoping that a solid family coaster without inversions are part of this area revamp in the future.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 21, 2014, 07:38:26 AM »

Changing the subject a little, but after looking at the photos it looks like in the future they could completely reroute the train after it does it's out loop past OR and create a completely new outer perimeter to the park. Since the photos do not show the terrain real well I am not sure if this would be possible.

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 21, 2014, 12:07:43 PM »
Not that I can add too much to the conversation, but the clearing wasn't just occurring right behind GG, but all the way up to the RR crossing by the old toboggan tower. They look to be leaving the "big" trees but cleaning up everything else in the area. I took a couple pictures, but they didn't really turn out well and you can see things better on the negative-g forum posted earlier ( http://www.negative-g.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4964 ).

This construction is going to be well documented......as long as GG stays open, and they do not fence all the way around the train tracks. A lot of nice view points are available.

Jay

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #253 on: March 21, 2014, 12:13:22 PM »
1. There has been talk about moving the round house. Idk if they're still considering that or not.
2.  Visible through summer.
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 21, 2014, 12:40:58 PM »
1. There has been talk about moving the round house. Idk if they're still considering that or not.
2.  Visible through summer.

Again, they can hide the railroad maintenance area in plain sight with an authentic looking roundhouse with a turntable. It would be in theme and add to appeal of the park. Anywho, nice to see the work has started.