Author Topic: SDC's 2015 Project  (Read 384271 times)

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2015 Project
« Reply #225 on: July 24, 2013, 05:41:34 PM »
As stated earlier, I'd really like for SDC to update what they have (FM, AP and FITH really could use some TLC). Put in a little extra effort and make these rides signature rides. But I also know it's hard to market that to people....so we probably will never see that happen.

We still have 2014 that needs something.  I do know that PTB have been watching how well KBF's remake of the log flume has gone over with the public.  Just saying.

White Water needs some major love.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #226 on: July 24, 2013, 10:06:38 PM »
As stated earlier, I'd really like for SDC to update what they have (FM, AP and FITH really could use some TLC). Put in a little extra effort and make these rides signature rides. But I also know it's hard to market that to people....so we probably will never see that happen.

We still have 2014 that needs something.  I do know that PTB have been watching how well KBF's remake of the log flume has gone over with the public.  Just saying.

White Water needs some major love.

It needs a Oceans of Fun style makeover - where EVERYTHING is redone and upgraded/painted/etc
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #227 on: July 24, 2013, 11:52:10 PM »
I'll start a thread for 2014 to keep the discussions orderly, but for SDC I think we shouldn't expect much. The focus is certainly on 2015 or potentially 2016 if numbers don't improve quick.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 25, 2013, 06:06:19 PM »
A custom wildmouse/bobsled by Gerstlauer, looks like fun and would fit in the area between AP and PK and the Waterfall

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoljQOr2UFM

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 25, 2013, 06:59:33 PM »
nice video..  love those rough looking support poles at the beginning, the series of 180's look great!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 25, 2013, 07:50:51 PM »
Gerstlauer -- oh you mean the company that designed the trains for NTG and the Smiler that just happened to have its track buck a bolt and then two track segments seperated?  Yeah, that sounds like a great idea.
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 25, 2013, 08:39:26 PM »
Gerstlauer -- oh you mean the company that designed the trains for NTG and the Smiler that just happened to have its track buck a bolt and then two track segments seperated?  Yeah, that sounds like a great idea.

Wow, it must be that time of the month. Someone could use some bandcamp.

From the looks of it the lady was way top heavy and had no arse and the attendant didn't make sure the bar wasn't  against her theighs. It seems it's going to fall on six flags head. I'd ride it tommorrow and as someone who works with metal every single day, bolts break. I have to catch hairline fractures in turned cast iron parts for the oil fields all the time. Without using x ray,  its impossible to catch them all. I've seen plenty of stainless snap out of the blue. It was likey a void or silica in the bar stock they used to turn the parts.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 08:47:33 PM by chittlins »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 25, 2013, 09:31:24 PM »
Gerstlauer -- oh you mean the company that designed the trains for NTG and the Smiler that just happened to have its track buck a bolt and then two track segments seperated?  Yeah, that sounds like a great idea.

Wow, it must be that time of the month. Someone could use some bandcamp.

From the looks of it the lady was way top heavy and had no arse and the attendant didn't make sure the bar wasn't  against her theighs. It seems it's going to fall on six flags head. I'd ride it tommorrow and as someone who works with metal every single day, bolts break. I have to catch hairline fractures in turned cast iron parts for the oil fields all the time. Without using x ray,  its impossible to catch them all. I've seen plenty of stainless snap out of the blue. It was likey a void or silica in the bar stock they used to turn the parts.

LOL.  You obviously don't know much about Smiler.  They had to really torque that section of the track into place -- as in the fact that the engineers really fook'd up this thing and the track did not fit together from the start.  So like I said, Gerstlauer, really?
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 20, 2014, 01:34:50 PM »
Well, its almost time for us to start spying survey markers and such around lakefront.

I find Swoosh's Gerstlauer trashing funny considering Firechaser Express at DW.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 21, 2014, 12:04:41 AM »
Well, its almost time for us to start spying survey markers and such around lakefront.

I find Swoosh's Gerstlauer trashing funny considering Firechaser Express at DW.

Eurofighters and Family coasters are two different things.  Thanks for trolling
SWOOSH

crash

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 14, 2014, 07:35:16 AM »
Spoiler alert: Be on the look out behind Geyser Gulch. Lots of activity going on recently.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 14, 2014, 07:53:27 AM »
That's on my list for this weekend.... to check out that area! ;)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #237 on: March 14, 2014, 08:51:29 PM »
Thanks to  Willzillaross  for the new photos of the old waterboggin area (see the 2014 thread, I've been moving some things around).

Looks like they'll be doing a little prep work this season for the refurbishments to the area next year. Hopefully that new carnival game will leave with it. Which theme do you think they've gone with? I'm kind of betting it won't be any of the concepts that were pitched, but rather something more blended. I've got a feeling the fire theme will be incorporated somehow...

Hollwood

« Reply #238 on: March 14, 2014, 08:52:59 PM »
Hey... Smok em if you got em. That thing has been sitting at CC for 7 years.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #239 on: March 14, 2014, 10:12:07 PM »
^^The carnival game belongs in a traveling carnival, not at an award-winning theme park based in the 1880s.  What an eyesore.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating