Author Topic: SDC's 2015 Project  (Read 386432 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: SDC's 2015 Project
« Reply #195 on: July 21, 2013, 10:09:24 PM »
Am I the only one that wants a dark ride?

I would love a family rollercoaster, much like the Dragon at Legoland added to the park.  I think it would be well received.
SWOOSH

ttroyer210

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 21, 2013, 10:16:52 PM »
Yeah I would love a good family coaster. I think the next addition needs to be family-oriented.
Fire In The Hole!

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 21, 2013, 10:21:57 PM »
Yeah I would love a good family coaster. I think the next addition needs to be family-oriented.

the new restraints on vekoma's suspended coasters seem to get rave reviews from those that are usually harsh critics of Vekoma. I've linked a recent one that opened in Europe in this thread some pages ago.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 21, 2013, 10:59:10 PM »
They really do not do much for me, but I'm just one person.
Now the restraints on the new junior Vekoma inverts are awesome.  Steel Lasso has these over at Frontier City.

What I am talking about is basically an elongated Rollerskate like what is at Legoland.  It has a dark ride section before going outside and getting crazy
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 21, 2013, 11:09:30 PM »
They really do not do much for me, but I'm just one person.
Now the restraints on the new junior Vekoma inverts are awesome.  Steel Lasso has these over at Frontier City.

What I am talking about is basically an elongated Rollerskate like what is at Legoland.  It has a dark ride section before going outside and getting crazy

We all seem to agree a great, no upside down coaster would be great. I can't help but think of the wooden shuttle concept from GCI they showed at the big show and how something like that could use the terrain at SDC to it's advantage. Seems it would fit the area of the old waterboggan just right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg4YsOxZiAM
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 11:13:54 PM by chittlins »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 21, 2013, 11:25:06 PM »
Well we can all get it out of our heads that it is going to be any of this -- because it is not.
It's not "logical" at this moment of the game.
SWOOSH

ttroyer210

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 21, 2013, 11:42:28 PM »
So it is going to be a Big thrill ride? I don't have any problems with that since I love thrill rides. I don't know I guess I just want them to add another ride that's not too "carnivalish" for kids and families to do.
Fire In The Hole!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #202 on: July 22, 2013, 12:25:20 AM »
I know a fellow coaster enthusiast that has talked to the park president, who confirmed to him that the ride will be built by Bolliger & Mabillard and will be the most expensive ride to date for the park.

I really think this is a wing coaster. Or, Bolliger & Mabillard has been working on a 4D coaster, which is a wing coaster that has spinning seats.

Also, an inverted coaster would be a nice addition to the park.

Pardon me while I roll my eyes. Within the enthusiast community, there's always someone saying they overheard something from someone official sounding about a big new ride. Don't get me wrong, I get a little excited about these rumors too, but I just don't see Brad Thomas coming out and spilling the beans about their next big project two years in advance. Someone is spreading tall tales.

I prefer to keep the rumor mill to just mild speculation. I could certainly see the park get another major investment soon, and I'm sure it will probably be a coaster, but it's not worth anyone's time at this point to go too deep with any rumors at this point. Like I've mentioned before, we've watched a number of rumored and even announced projects be pushed back or changed dramatically before they were finally built. I feel like there's so much turbulence with Branson tourism right now that we might have to wait a bit longer for the next major project, and who knows what it will have turned into by then.

And yes, most of us here would prefer a new dark ride/shop/craft/etc. but as we've discussed the kids only see the forest for the trees and I'm sure there's still a lot of pressure to increase the coaster count.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #203 on: July 22, 2013, 10:42:17 AM »
Silver Dollar City already has four major roller coasters, an in door roller coaster, and another youth size roller coaster. That's a total of six coasters! As much as I would like to see another major roller coaster before 2020, I would prefer to see more smaller scale attractions, or better yet a continued refurbish on existing rides. :)

BobKrause

• View Profile
    • Facebook - Bob Krause
« Reply #204 on: July 22, 2013, 10:55:37 AM »
Am I the only one that wants a dark ride?

No. Personally, while I enjoy coasters, I think parks are putting too much emphasis on coasters these days and I'd like to see more variety in rides.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 22, 2013, 04:53:40 PM »
^They're easier to market.  Just saying
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 22, 2013, 05:18:15 PM »
You'd think flats would have to be packaged into a bigger marketing ploy, like a new area. River Blast fell between flat ride and coaster. A couple of the flats out there like Zamperla's air race and gerstlauer one that's new at MoA would be cool.

Hollwood

« Reply #207 on: July 22, 2013, 05:41:52 PM »
I'm with Swoosh on this one. A family coaster is what is needed. I'm not a big fan of Vekoma but I have to admit that they have the best collection of customizable family/junior coasters. I would hate to see a cookie cutter coaster. If I could choose one from their list, I would pick their family suspended coaster... Ice House anyone?

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 22, 2013, 06:06:47 PM »
I'll repost the lastest Vekoma customized junior suspended coaster pov, I love the water interaction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ_kU7IesSQ

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 22, 2013, 08:58:23 PM »
Chittlins, what is why your school girl crush on Vekoma?   

Hollywood, I don't want a kiddie coaster.  I want a B&M, because I know it'll actually be running most of the time.
SWOOSH