Author Topic: SDC's 2015 Project  (Read 387250 times)

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2015 Project
« Reply #180 on: July 03, 2013, 02:03:29 PM »
HAHAHAHA! I've read that article before, in the print version of that paper. I love Fair City News. It's like The Onion for Springfield.

Hollwood

« Reply #182 on: July 03, 2013, 03:45:31 PM »
Fake...

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 04, 2013, 07:29:41 AM »
That article is hilarious.  Can you imagine the uproar if SDC even proposed an idea like this, especially with the Paula Dean fallout? 

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 04, 2013, 03:47:30 PM »
Slavery is pretty much a hands-off topic, I'm thinking. But even if it wasn't the time period is way off.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #185 on: July 04, 2013, 05:23:34 PM »
You know when the park was started 1860 was only about 100 years in the past, so it could have been in-theme at one point. Weird to think about.

As for 2015 developments in general, don't expect to hear many concrete details until next summer. As we've discussed before, big projects often tend to be delayed or have their development schedules moved around. It doesn't appear that the park is getting huge crowds this summer, even with OR having made national headlines all over the place. That factor alone could spell a delay so that the park can recoup more of it's capital expenditures on OR before starting the next project.

Might as well focus on what the park could bring out for 2014 for now, not to mention the likely major addition to WW.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 04, 2013, 05:30:22 PM »
You know when the park was started 1860 was only about 100 years in the past, so it could have been in-theme at one point. Weird to think about.

As for 2015 developments in general, don't expect to hear many concrete details until next summer. As we've discussed before, big projects often tend to be delayed or have their development schedules moved around. It doesn't appear that the park is getting huge crowds this summer, even with OR having made national headlines all over the place. That factor alone could spell a delay so that the park can recoup more of it's capital expenditures on OR before starting the next project.

Might as well focus on what the park could bring out for 2014 for now, not to mention the likely major addition to WW.

poor weekend weather, Bet it ticks up if temps stay normal. I know several guys at work have taken their families over the past two weeks, they actually bragged about low crowds and are going back

golfprowj

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 08, 2013, 11:19:12 PM »
New to the group, actually joined a year ago but have been lazy on reading up. I really enjoyed the discussions when the or was being built.  My question isnt to important but I was curious who swoosh is? Do you work for SDC ?  Either way, just wanted to say I enjoy your guys input

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 10, 2013, 09:53:34 PM »
Gerstlauer continues it's EuroFigter evolution, they have inversions galore at Alton Towers, very small footprints like Iron Shark at Galveston, and now they have included a launch into the mix. Notice the Steampunkesque styling of the trains but the theming isn't in place yet..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBeOrmSYu_c

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 10, 2013, 11:47:32 PM »
Okay. I split the attendance-related posts into a new topic in the general forum. I hope I did everything right; it's my first time doing something other than dealing with spam.

On topic: Chittlins, that new EuroFighter looks awesome! It'd be cool to have something similar to Mystery Mine, but slightly different, so that it's more unique in the chain.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 20, 2013, 05:42:11 PM »
It appears that HFE managed Darien Lake is doing a survey on a woodie that seems like another all RMC creation.

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 20, 2013, 10:05:04 PM »
golfprowj, welcome------Swoosh is not an SDC employee perse. He writes (I think or maybe an editor) for a semi-popular publication in the area. I think it is called " Midwest Info Guide"  I have never met (personally) Swoosh. However he does post several pics on this forum. Pics of parks he has visited (which have been several). He has a vast knowledge of theme/amusement parks, rides, ride manufacturers, and has several insiders that keep him updated.  He by himself is a wealth of knowledge in the amusement industry, and from his posts, I would guess a very nice guy also.
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

Wood Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 21, 2013, 07:55:53 PM »
I know a fellow coaster enthusiast that has talked to the park president, who confirmed to him that the ride will be built by Bolliger & Mabillard and will be the most expensive ride to date for the park.

I really think this is a wing coaster. Or, Bolliger & Mabillard has been working on a 4D coaster, which is a wing coaster that has spinning seats.

Also, an inverted coaster would be a nice addition to the park.

ttroyer210

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 21, 2013, 09:29:56 PM »
Am I the only one that wants a dark ride?
Fire In The Hole!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #194 on: July 21, 2013, 09:41:36 PM »
I know a fellow coaster enthusiast that has talked to the park president, who confirmed to him that the ride will be built by Bolliger & Mabillard and will be the most expensive ride to date for the park.

I really think this is a wing coaster. Or, Bolliger & Mabillard has been working on a 4D coaster, which is a wing coaster that has spinning seats.

Also, an inverted coaster would be a nice addition to the park.

Seems logical.
SWOOSH