Author Topic: SDC's 2015 Project  (Read 386513 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2015 Project
« Reply #120 on: June 06, 2013, 11:47:24 AM »
After looking at close up of SDC, pic must have been taken after mid march (becasue the park is open and BUSY)

But before worldfest. (no banners, booths that I can see)

Love the zoom capability..

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 06, 2013, 04:03:17 PM »
When was the last time you were in SDC and found Wildfire to be down because of something other than inclement weather?
Id say that B & M would hit reliable square on the head " . "
And it still rides smooth after several years.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 06, 2013, 04:27:31 PM »
After looking at close up of SDC, pic must have been taken after mid march (becasue the park is open and BUSY)

But before worldfest. (no banners, booths that I can see)

Love the zoom capability..

The image taken date is down on bottom, it's mid April

They are going to have to get going on relocating the physical plant and build up a hefty berm between the park and 76 and let it get to growing (Pines Please) That will open up lots of space and another ravine for a large terrain coaster one day. I would like Manby's personal phone # to plead to build a very much in theme railroad turntable and round house for the train service area. Talk about a working late 1800s addition to the park.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 06, 2013, 04:35:38 PM »
An in theme turn table for the train? They need to theme behind the multi-purpose building (blue metal building) you see on Thunderation, plus the back of FITH, the Opera House, and a few other locations on the edge of the park that are viewable from rides/train. I'm still a stickler for that stuff, but likely my ongoing minor gripes about it won't be listened to. But  you are right, that turn table should be in theme, and I hope they get to moving or theming physical plant locations so expansion can continue.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 06, 2013, 04:55:09 PM »
Chittlins, you have better eyes that I do ;D ;D ;D

it is mid April because when i looked at tornado damage in branson, it matched with my pics i took on my April 13th trip..

Wildfire

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 06, 2013, 06:34:25 PM »
Looking at that aereal view, I couldn't help but notice that the space between the Riverfront Playhouse and Riverblast would be perfect for a shot/drop tower somewhere down the road.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 06, 2013, 10:21:26 PM »
An in theme turn table for the train? They need to theme behind the multi-purpose building (blue metal building) you see on Thunderation, plus the back of FITH, the Opera House, and a few other locations on the edge of the park that are viewable from rides/train. I'm still a stickler for that stuff, but likely my ongoing minor gripes about it won't be listened to. But  you are right, that turn table should be in theme, and I hope they get to moving or theming physical plant locations so expansion can continue.

That's why I'm hung up on this. It's the perfect way to keep all the train maintenance right where it is and blend in with the city. Two ways to do this

This

or this

Just do a google image search for "railroad turntables and roundhouses"

And if it's good enough for Disney..............
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 10:26:33 PM by chittlins »

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 06, 2013, 10:36:45 PM »
And I know how many hate the name Vekoma but if it's one thing they have made many of and are still selling with folks saying they are better than they ever have been, it's the inverted or suspended coaster and here's a newer junior version with interaction with water

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ_kU7IesSQ

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #128 on: June 06, 2013, 11:26:02 PM »
There is a reason that there are not many coasters with water features left.  You introduce another element to the mix (H2O) and you are asking for trouble.  Ever wonder why WOF is having so much problems with their Thunderhawk HUSS Topspin?  Water.  It was not designed for the beating the water elements gave the ride. 

There has been talks about moving the round house.  I don't know how serious they are / the time table it is on IF it does indeed get moved.  I think the big chore right now is moving the BOH buildings to open up more land.
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 06, 2013, 11:49:33 PM »
There is a reason that there are not many coasters with water features left.  You introduce another element to the mix (H2O) and you are asking for trouble.  Ever wonder why WOF is having so much problems with their Thunderhawk HUSS Topspin?  Water.  It was not designed for the beating the water elements gave the ride. 

There has been talks about moving the round house.  I don't know how serious they are / the time table it is on IF it does indeed get moved.  I think the big chore right now is moving the BOH buildings to open up more land.

Sdc doesn't have a roundhouse, just metal sheds for the train maintenance. going to a roundhouse feature would condense the area that all takes up.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 07, 2013, 06:16:22 AM »
In the conventional sense, yes they do not have a "round" round house, but that is what they call their "round house" even though it is not "round"
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 07, 2013, 08:31:28 PM »
In the conventional sense, yes they do not have a "round" round house, but that is what they call their "round house" even though it is not "round"

If a collection of  square metal buildings equals a roundhouse, I want what they are smoking ;D

Anywho, it doesn't have to get wet and that's where I'm sure the problems come from, Too bad this is a Vekoma, I can sure envision little Lake Sliver action with a ride like this

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 07, 2013, 08:38:18 PM »
You need to check out Krake
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 11:45:53 AM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman