Author Topic: SDC's 2015 Project  (Read 384419 times)

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2015 Project
« Reply #105 on: June 05, 2013, 05:00:13 PM »
I don't see AP going anywhere, it's a popular attraction. Besides EVERY theme park has to have flume ride, right?

Let's hope so, Junior. I love that flume. I wish they would just spruce it up and bring it back to it's original glory.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 05, 2013, 05:01:15 PM »
Agreed junior, i dont see anything ha[ppening there unless they were to modify/improve/repair the AP.

The waterboggan area seems to be the logical choice..

BUT as Swoosh would say................... we will see! ???

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 05, 2013, 05:21:37 PM »
Agreed junior, i dont see anything ha[ppening there unless they were to modify/improve/repair the AP.

The waterboggan area seems to be the logical choice..

BUT as Swoosh would say................... we will see! ???

Like I said, I'd like to see them put in a coaster like a Gerstlauer bobsled coasters that interacted with American Plunge. The cars could cross overhead the channel a coulple of times and basically use the same footprint. Something needs done with cave.

Then there's this thing  just sitting there:

I just don't see having two similar rides will ever happen, if it got moved to SDC, American Plunge may be a goner.
I view a raft ride like Lost River and a flume must have staples of a proper theme park. Knotts Berry just revamped theirs.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 05, 2013, 06:33:01 PM »
I still like my idea in this thread.

http://sdcfans.com/forums/index.php?topic=2258.0

AP and the FM have been allowed to go downhill in my opinion and this could pull on there past glory and refresh them at the same time. We rode the FM last trip and I could not wait for it to end. I know my idea has 0 % chance of being done , but I do hope they take a good look at how they maintain and keep attractions in top notch world class condition. But, that's another thread entirely.
I sure hope though they do not do some off the shelf cookie cutter coaster. Keep it unique.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #109 on: June 05, 2013, 06:47:21 PM »
I think we will see something to replace the american plunge and fill the spot behind the waterfall. That looks like the most likely spot to me. 

American Plunge is not going anywhere anytime soon -- and neither is the waterfall.  I'll squash that rumor right out of the gate.
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #110 on: June 05, 2013, 07:41:34 PM »
I think something will happen to AM within the decade just due to the nature of it's liability, age, and deteriorated status. Hopefully this will involve a nice rebuild with an Intamin ride system and the return of the awesome effects and thematics.

As for 2015 though, I'd say the rumors all point to a coaster at this point, and I still think we need to be watching DW more closely. Construction on DW's 2014 project is well underway, and they have come out saying that it will be the top family attraction in the park with a price tag that will match some of their biggest investments. It could very well end up being a combination Mack coaster/dark ride using the 'bobsled' style system, or something similar that combines elements of a coaster with thematic experience.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 06, 2013, 12:06:24 AM »
I'd be willing to bet that whatever DW does add will influence an addition on down the road a bit. 
The 2015 addition has been set in stone for awhile and all signs are pointing to "old and reliable"
SWOOSH

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 06, 2013, 05:26:43 AM »
The 2015 addition has been set in stone for awhile and all signs are pointing to "old and reliable"

Vekoma.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 06, 2013, 08:53:57 AM »
I said "reliable"
SWOOSH

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 06, 2013, 09:03:28 AM »
B & M..........Add expensive to that Swoosh.

But worth it

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 06, 2013, 09:27:24 AM »
I said "reliable"

Your definition of "Old and reliable" is a bit misleading then. Perhaps I took it too literally.

I believe Vekoma has more rides (including older ones) currently operating than B&M. Not to mention B&M hasn't even been around for 25 years.

That said, if given the choice between the two for the 2015 project, I would take B&M all day long.  

Grapeslie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 06, 2013, 09:32:10 AM »
I wonder what the likelihood of this being a inverted coaster is. Honestly it's something they don't have. Although we do already have two in the state so I sort of doubt it. However I dream of a B&M hyper coaster! Airtime through the hills baby! :-P
The Scariest Part Of The Ride Is The Lift Hill!

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 06, 2013, 09:42:41 AM »
I wonder what the likelihood of this being a inverted coaster is. Honestly it's something they don't have. Although we do already have two in the state so I sort of doubt it. However I dream of a B&M hyper coaster! Airtime through the hills baby! :-P

Mack has a n inverted spinner under construction at Europe but it isn't old.

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 06, 2013, 11:04:28 AM »
Really excited to see how this project plays out. Just love the idea of HFEC aggressively piggybacking the momentum established by the OR project with the potential addition of another major coaster. With SFSTL now running with its "Missouri's coaster capital" tag, looks like HFEC/SDC is taking notice and looking to position themselves as a legitimate contender in the thrill ride arena.

Assuming it is in fact another coaster, what intrigues me about the 2015 project is its possible location in the park. If it's to land in an around the old WB site as most of us have speculated, there isn't a great deal of space or terrain to be utilized for the ride. That could definitely have an impact on the type and scope of the design.

Kind of ironic that as I was just typing this, I decided to go to Google maps to see where else another coaster could potentially be placed, and realized the SDC overhead view now shows OR within the park. pretty cool to see it from above now. It also confirms that despite the liberal amount of land SDC actually owns, there is very little room for another major coaster addition, barring some intensive expansion/groundwork. This view makes the old WB site look even more primed for a new coaster project, which would be fantastic for park flow in my opinion. Something I think they've desperately needed for some time now.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 06, 2013, 11:44:15 AM »
Nice catch backintime,  Google must have changed the map recently..!