Author Topic: SDC's 2015 Project  (Read 386927 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: SDC's 2015 Project
« Reply #90 on: May 28, 2013, 08:01:02 AM »
There is still plenty for the older generations to do.  When I was at the park for Bluegrass and BBQ, I barely did any of the shows -- but the older people did.  There were long lines for several of the performances.  Sorry, I come for the BBQ.
SWOOSH

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 02, 2013, 09:11:23 PM »
OK, maybe I'm slow to pick up on the chatter here, but Duelist said he spoke with an employee at the park who spilled the beans and said "the new coaster" in 2015 will go where the waterboggin once was. Anyone have anything more, now? Swoosh? Copper? Hannabelle? Come on...please...pretty please! ;)
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 02, 2013, 09:41:47 PM »
Yes Junior. I caught that also.  The "2015 COASTER" is exactly what Duelist said.  Of course the first year I worked at SFSL. From the very first testings all the way to the end of the season, we employees was told by all the MGMT team that the only new addition to the park (for the following season) would be new cars (trains) for the aging coaster "THE NINJA"  Literally we was told to push the idea of new cars for Ninja to the guests to make the ride smoother, safer. Sell new cars for Ninja.

You can imagine just how flippin surprised we all were when INDEED the addition was NOT new car trains, but instead "THE SKYSCREAMER".

Im not saying SDC is doing that, they never have before. I certainly hope the new 2015 COASTER is correct. We need to make use of the old waterboggan area.

All I know is Im gettin excited already.
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 03, 2013, 08:01:57 AM »
I also heard of a non-coaster ride to occupy another location from the same employee but I better follow Swoosh's advice and keep that one to myself until someone like Mr. Herschend hints about it.  But my point being that a new coaster and another attraction are supposedly in the works.  :D
I'm Your Huckleberry

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 03, 2013, 09:48:05 AM »
FWIW.  The park operates on a 5 year plan that is constantly evolving depending on the needs of the park.  So it would not be out of the question for "large capital expenditures" to already be in the works.  With that being said, speculation by employees is not a new thing and considering how long the Waterboggan lot has remained empty (not to mention the abrupt departure of the ride) it is not hard to see why employees would speculate something would be going there soon.

Sit back and enjoy the ride.  The speculation, I'm sure, will only get more interesting in the coming months
SWOOSH

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 03, 2013, 10:10:17 AM »
Well, it's a given that at any time there is something in the works- if not concrete then something that is being considered anyway.  Just curious, I did not get the latest attractions survey.  If anyone here did would you tell us what attractions they were considering?  I haven't seen one since the May '11 survey.  Thanks
I'm Your Huckleberry

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 03, 2013, 04:11:16 PM »
I was kinda hoping that the 2015 project would have been SDC's first honest effort at mixing rides together and interacting within the theme. Kinda like a Gerstlauer bobsled coaster that mixed it up with American Plunge like crossing above the channel and even maybe have the track run close to the splash zone where when the timing is right, give the coaster riders the excitement of feeling the mist or a few drops of water hitting them from a log plunging down into the splash pool. I see these types of projects springing up in Europe a bunch and it shows how to get you full use of space  Here's one of the latest that envolve two types of rides that SDC has, well the disk'o has a hill here:

This park hasn't put in the theming yet but it's the basic idea
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 04:21:59 PM by chittlins »

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 03, 2013, 05:30:27 PM »
OK.. here is my "hope" for the new "coaster ;)".... I dont remember names, But you all know what i am talking about..  I have been hoping that it would be designed after the design that the kid on the tv show Undercover Boss..  You know the one that Mamby was talking to, and he had a coaster design on his laptop.. Part of the ride went under water.  how cool would that be, down and around GG, through/under lake silver and then back..   Yea i know.. Probably not feasable....  BUT what if it could be done.!?!?!?!?!?!?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 03, 2013, 05:53:46 PM »
The cave is right under Lake Silver, so don't expect to see anything major in that area, ever.
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 03, 2013, 07:22:19 PM »
OK.. here is my "hope" for the new "coaster ;)".... I dont remember names, But you all know what i am talking about..  I have been hoping that it would be designed after the design that the kid on the tv show Undercover Boss..  You know the one that Mamby was talking to, and he had a coaster design on his laptop.. Part of the ride went under water.  how cool would that be, down and around GG, through/under lake silver and then back..   Yea i know.. Probably not feasable....  BUT what if it could be done.!?!?!?!?!?!?

B&M makes a coaster that has been mixed with water interaction and one that would seemingly fit the footprint of the waterboggan site. A Dive Machine. They are two in the US at each Busch Garden

Examples

sprtbuf

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 04, 2013, 09:20:48 AM »
Has a map been posted with possible locations of the new rides marked out?  I've been to SDC a few times but having the visual aids would be beneficial, ala the drawings of the OR that users posted in relation to its track placement.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 04, 2013, 12:56:41 PM »
^^B&M has stated that they can add a water splash to any of their coasters (except inverted and prone).
They have one on the hypercoaster at Kings Island called Diamondhead too.
SWOOSH

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 05, 2013, 02:53:39 AM »

Examples

It's not really funny, but I had to laugh anyway... that one looks like the fast train to Dachau.

Anyone who's been there and seen the fence will understand.

Kriddels

• "Don't get to close to the NITRO!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 05, 2013, 02:42:46 PM »
I think we will see something to replace the american plunge and fill the spot behind the waterfall. That looks like the most likely spot to me. 
"God must of been plum tuckered out after working on these here hills"

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 05, 2013, 04:36:23 PM »
I don't see AP going anywhere, it's a popular attraction. Besides EVERY theme park has to have flume ride, right?
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"