Author Topic: SDC's 2015 Project  (Read 384276 times)

Hannabelle

• View Profile
Re: SDC's 2015 Project
« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2013, 07:26:21 AM »
I have a lot of trust in the HFEC and I believe they will not let us down on the 2015 project. But in the mean time let's enjoy the other rides and Outlaw Run is still very new with a whole lot of excitement still left.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2013, 11:46:46 PM »
^Speaking of Outlaw Run - it rubs me the wrong way the inconsistency of forcing lockers on riders.  Either do it all the time or forget it and install "cubbies" on the platform.  I rode it 5 times today and two of those times Ashley (a guy) forced us to use the lockers.  Later on in the day he did not (and I wasn't the only one not using the lockers) and then towards 5pm there was a lady out front and she didn't care.  So either go all the way on enforcing or forget -- it is getting to the ridiculous stage.
SWOOSH

Hannabelle

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 23, 2013, 08:53:52 PM »
The lockers actually were put in to cut down on the wait time. We found out they cut down the wait time by 20% and are great for busy days.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 23, 2013, 09:43:41 PM »
The lockers actually were put in to cut down on the wait time. We found out they cut down the wait time by 20% and are great for busy days.

Bet this would be even better

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 23, 2013, 10:01:19 PM »
They are a great way to squeeze another dollar out of our wallets!  Its a tough " $ " day at SDC now with Skillet Meals costing 8.99 and soft drinks costing what they would in the normal world ONLY if you pony up $20.00 for 2 refillable mugs. It feels like they have got you coming and going.  I don't feel they are delivering something tangible and unique that you don't mind separating with your money for here.    They need to concentrate on making us happy to separate with our money for what they are offering, right now it just feels like a money grab.   Times are tough for the Midwest middle class and I think this leaves a bad taste in some folks mouths that can hardly afford to go to the park and eat let alone rent a locker to put there stuff in so they can ride a ride.
This needs some reconsideration and rethinking.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 23, 2013, 10:44:07 PM »

Which is fine, but be consistent. That's all I ask.
Shoot, if it shaves off that much, think how much time a test seat would shave off.  Those Walks Of Shame really slow things down.
SWOOSH

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 24, 2013, 08:27:22 AM »
Those Walks Of Shame really slow things down
Along with being terribly embarrassing for everyone involved.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2013, 07:19:50 PM »
the other inverted woodies are open

Here's the redone Hades at Mt. Olympus with Gravity Groups Timberliners
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s2KmjufJPc

heres the Iron Rattler that RMC redid using it's other I box track like Texas Giant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNG32im6vJE
Water effects and cave make me want to get to San Antonio very soon.

Hollwood

« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2013, 10:23:30 PM »
I was really surprised that SDC did not put in the free, timed lockers like Universal Orlando has. I had recently visited Universal and found it to be very convenient.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 26, 2013, 09:24:29 AM »
the other inverted woodies are open

Here's the redone Hades at Mt. Olympus with Gravity Groups Timberliners
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s2KmjufJPc

heres the Iron Rattler that RMC redid using it's other I box track like Texas Giant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNG32im6vJE
Water effects and cave make me want to get to San Antonio very soon.

The only other inverting woodie is Hades360.  iRat is steel on wood and thus is not a wood coaster.
If you want to ride Hades360, go do it thus year as Mt.O will not take care of it and will be back rough again. Terrible engineering (Gravity Group) and poor maintenance is never a good combo.
SWOOSH

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 26, 2013, 03:36:48 PM »
I was really surprised that SDC did not put in the free, timed lockers like Universal Orlando has. I had recently visited Universal and found it to be very convenient.

Ooo, I like that! I looked it up and it sounds great!

http://www.orlandoinformer.com/universal/rental-and-ride-lockers/

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #86 on: May 27, 2013, 11:27:54 PM »
It seems like a number of people expect SDC to get a Wing Rider for the next coaster, but it doesn't seem like the direction SDC would want to keep heading. Then again, I said the same thing about OR, but now that they have OR, aren't they expected to focus more on other areas of their clientele interest pool? Perhaps they are in an arms race for coasters to build themselves up against SFSTL and WOF. It does seem like they have changed the overall product so much now that their draw now depends largely on their coasters. I guess basketweaving and kid's playhouses just don't get as many news articles written about them.

... but that's the same old conversation we keep having. Getting back to my point, I expect them to build a family coaster next. Intamin, Zierer, and Mack all build some great family coasters that appeal to wide audiences, and we know HFEC just started a relationship with Mack. Dollywood is rumored to get a Mack coaster for 2014. If they do, then it's probably a sure thing that we'll get one next. Actually, no matter what DW gets in 2014, we'll probably get it next.  ::)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 28, 2013, 12:08:11 AM »
I'd say they will more than likely go back to the "old and reliable" for the next big addition... but what do I know, right?
SWOOSH

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 28, 2013, 12:14:47 AM »
You really think we are getting a new coaster?  Geez, I was thinking we was getting something a little more high tech than a winged or hyper coaster. I was thinking of something brand new and unheard of -- like -- maybe a "ride a kid on horseback around a circle" or maybe even a "listen to a 2 minute speech from a talking car"   ;D.

Just kiddin yall.  I already gave my guess. Having watched a program from IIAPA (I think it was). They gave a pretty good insight as to what the newest technologies are. But I do agree, a "family" ride will be much more desired (by me) than a silly winged racer. I know "hyper" is a big crowd drawer, but along with bigger, comes more problematic, and bigger insurance premiums. Not to mention a big part of SDC crowd base is at the age (like me) where a hyper coaster is a bit much.  (a couple hundred feet high and 70-80 MPH is still good. --- 300+ feet and 100+ MPH on 2 thin rails just spells disaster in my book).
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 28, 2013, 07:10:11 AM »
It seems like a number of people expect SDC to get a Wing Rider for the next coaster, but it doesn't seem like the direction SDC would want to keep heading. Then again, I said the same thing about OR, but now that they have OR, aren't they expected to focus more on other areas of their clientele interest pool? Perhaps they are in an arms race for coasters to build themselves up against SFSTL and WOF. It does seem like they have changed the overall product so much now that their draw now depends largely on their coasters. I guess basketweaving and kid's playhouses just don't get as many news articles written about them.

... but that's the same old conversation we keep having. Getting back to my point, I expect them to build a family coaster next. Intamin, Zierer, and Mack all build some great family coasters that appeal to wide audiences, and we know HFEC just started a relationship with Mack. Dollywood is rumored to get a Mack coaster for 2014. If they do, then it's probably a sure thing that we'll get one next. Actually, no matter what DW gets in 2014, we'll probably get it next.  ::)

I think it's an evolution of becoming a well rounded park where whole families can come and by families, I mean kids, parents and grandparents. Rides have always been SDCs weakness.