Author Topic: SDC's 2015 Project  (Read 384264 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: SDC's 2015 Project
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2013, 10:39:16 PM »
Swoosh who's your contact? Do we know the same person?   ;)

I have several, so it is possible that you know at least one of them
SWOOSH

GeyserGulch33

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2013, 09:46:45 PM »
Anyone who says RB was unnecessary has never waited in line for LR on a hot day pre-2010. The line for LR used to be as much as 2 hours long before RB came around... now it's usually more like 30 minutes in similar weather.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2013, 04:02:57 PM »
It is very obvious that the people who made the comments were not basing those comments on fact, but their mere personal opinions on the ride.  Which is fine, IF they do not word said comments as being "Fact"
SWOOSH

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2013, 07:51:53 PM »
IF you were to apply the same logic that you are using on judging River Blast's lines to the other water rides - one would conclude that ALL water rides are not popular at SDC.

I would think that is an unfair judgment to make.  I do have the luxury of living close and going on slow days with low attendance.  I feel on these days you see what rides have the most demand.  No doubt RB has many fans but you will see many empty boats traveling along the trough on light attendance days.  I have never seen a line that parallels the larger coasters  even though the cost of RB was 70% of the latest coaster.  Its interesting what return and response SDC gets for the money.

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2013, 08:05:06 PM »
RB capacity is amazing- you would need to see the numbers to make an accurate assessment.  Also, RB doesn't remove boats so they are always at maximize capacity; you must take several factors in consideration.  I think it meets a need- parents with small kids can ride a water ride together, it's another water ride with great theme and it's an interactive ride.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2013, 09:34:51 PM »
IF you were to apply the same logic that you are using on judging River Blast's lines to the other water rides - one would conclude that ALL water rides are not popular at SDC.

I would think that is an unfair judgment to make.  I do have the luxury of living close and going on slow days with low attendance.  I feel on these days you see what rides have the most demand.  No doubt RB has many fans but you will see many empty boats traveling along the trough on light attendance days.  I have never seen a line that parallels the larger coasters  even though the cost of RB was 70% of the latest coaster.  Its interesting what return and response SDC gets for the money.

It was a nice addition that adds variety. Seems that's what the park going after, a much broader appeal to make it a regional park powerhouse. Which has me thinking, would SDC consider a water hydro magnetic water coaster like the one just opened at spash country at the waterboggin site. The ones I've seen really uses about the same as the old waterboggin did. And what does that bode for Dolly's existing waterboggin ride.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2013, 10:03:28 PM »
RB capacity is amazing- you would need to see the numbers to make an accurate assessment.  Also, RB doesn't remove boats so they are always at maximize capacity; you must take several factors in consideration.  I think it meets a need- parents with small kids can ride a water ride together, it's another water ride with great theme and it's an interactive ride.

Yeah, isn't it like 8ppl per boat, with 8 boats on the channel? So that's some amazing capacity that would definitely keep the lines looking short.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2013, 10:19:07 PM »
It is more like a people mover style/IASW ride -- quite the people eater
SWOOSH

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2013, 01:24:37 PM »
My family loves RB. There have been times when we've had a lengthy wait and times when we haven't. Needless to say, my 4 boys plus my wife and I, father-in-law, mother-in-law, brother-in-law and his wife and 2 boys love the water battles we have when we visit SDC and RB...it fills  nice void that the taking out Splash Harbor left...we all also love the waterboggin's also and really miss it...and what fun we have on LR...
Colorado SDC Fan

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 20, 2013, 12:21:37 AM »
Im going to go back to subject here.  I originally guessed the 2015 "new" ride would be a "terror tower" of sorts.

OK I still guess this will be the ride, but with a twist maybe.  A series of rides "stacked". Like the tower ride will be in the center. Maybe an observation deck on top. Possibly a roller coaster and/or a water boggin/flume type ride circling around the outside.

Of course the 2015 project might not be at SDC at all. It might be a brand new "hydro-magnetic" powered water coaster at White Water.  Or a tornado at WW.
Now I have 3 guesses. Is this legal?

Either of my 3 guesses would be great rides
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 20, 2013, 04:15:27 PM »
The 2015 ride will be at SDC
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 04:20:02 PM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 20, 2013, 04:33:26 PM »
Im going to go back to subject here.  I originally guessed the 2015 "new" ride would be a "terror tower" of sorts.

OK I still guess this will be the ride, but with a twist maybe.  A series of rides "stacked". Like the tower ride will be in the center. Maybe an observation deck on top. Possibly a roller coaster and/or a water boggin/flume type ride circling around the outside.

Of course the 2015 project might not be at SDC at all. It might be a brand new "hydro-magnetic" powered water coaster at White Water.  Or a tornado at WW.

Don't think you'll see that S&S contraction here.

Whitewater needs a whole host of stuff.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 20, 2013, 05:26:04 PM »

WWB is supposed to get something in 2014, so you might not be too far off -- just the year
SWOOSH

ttroyer210

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 20, 2013, 08:18:38 PM »
Swoosh, when do you think the WW project could be announced?
Fire In The Hole!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 20, 2013, 11:19:41 PM »
Probably not until season pass renewals start, if even then
SWOOSH