Author Topic: SDC's 2015 Project  (Read 384228 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: SDC's 2015 Project
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2013, 12:50:20 PM »
Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue?
SWOOSH

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2013, 01:12:54 PM »

Sounds like wedding bells ringing at the Wilderness Church!  :D  The last time 2 rides were married were the water ride/dry coaster of Buzz Saw Falls.  I really liked it but it was not a marriage made in Heaven...
I'm Your Huckleberry

pintrader

« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2013, 01:20:35 PM »
River Blast has so few riders because it is geared for around the 8 to 12 year old range.  Adults mostly do not want to get wet.  Teenagers don't find it to be very much of a thrill and young riders don't want to be shot in the face, get wet or are too cold.  It fills a small void but leaves a lot of voids open.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2013, 04:16:13 PM »
Stacey, thats a good point..  I would ride RB, If I knew i had the option NOT to get soaked.... 

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2013, 08:07:25 PM »
River Blast has so few riders because it is geared for around the 8 to 12 year old range.  Adults mostly do not want to get wet.  Teenagers don't find it to be very much of a thrill and young riders don't want to be shot in the face, get wet or are too cold.  It fills a small void but leaves a lot of voids open.

Well put.  I agree 100%  They exclude many more than they invite for a rather high dollar well themed experience.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2013, 11:29:30 PM »

Well put.  I agree 100%  They exclude many more than they invite for a rather high dollar well themed experience.

The problem with the statement is that it is inaccurate.  River Blast has no problem getting and keeping a long line during the summer months - as is the same with the other two water rides.  IF you were to apply the same logic that you are using on judging River Blast's lines to the other water rides - one would conclude that ALL water rides are not popular at SDC.

It has been chilly thus far and the lines for all 3 water rides have been non existent.  There will be lines come June - July - August
SWOOSH

pintrader

« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2013, 08:19:26 AM »

The problem with the statement is that it is inaccurate.  River Blast has no problem getting and keeping a long line during the summer months - as is the same with the other two water rides.  IF you were to apply the same logic that you are using on judging River Blast's lines to the other water rides - one would conclude that ALL water rides are not popular at SDC.

It has been chilly thus far and the lines for all 3 water rides have been non existent.  There will be lines come June - July - August

I think it is a very accurate statement.  I have been there many times in the summer months with no line at River Blast and at the same time American Plunge and Lost River packed.  Fact is it doesn't even have to be a real hot day for lines to form at AP and LR.  I am not saying it is never full at RB just that I have never seen it on numerous occasions.  The logic is that there is a thrill factor involved that brings people to the other 2 that is not found in RB.  They have different ride experiences and it's just not all about getting wet.  Your right there will be lines when the temp rises on all the water rides just not at RB.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 08:26:39 AM by Pintrader »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2013, 08:35:48 AM »
Unless you are actually queuing for RB, you will not actually see the line.
The PPH for it is also higher for RB
SWOOSH

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2013, 10:43:27 AM »
Unless you are actually queuing for RB, you will not actually see the line.
The PPH for it is also higher for RB

That's true.  When I was there last summer, it didn't look crowded at all until we hit the queing station.  It was close to l/2 hr. before we got on.  The only reason we got on in the first place, was because the line looked short. 

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2013, 11:50:51 AM »
RB is very popular with my kids in the summer. It's popular for most everyone I know here locally that goes. See, There's this stuff called quick dry clothing, it's a God send for wet rides. Bass pro has lots of it as well as Cabela's and most box sporting good retailers. I don't get the and like I said it would have been neat if there was enough room for more forms of battle that could tied into it.

emmabugsmama

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2013, 04:28:05 AM »
Utilization of the old Wilderness Waterboggan area I'll bet.
I'm gettin' outta here, no matter what!

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2013, 09:28:01 AM »
Something Old= Balloon Ride???
Something New= New Shop &/or area???
Something Borrowed= borrowed from Celebration City???
Something Blue= Wildeagle is blue...

Hmmm..idk, these are just my guesses, I'm sure I'm way off
You have a great past just ahead of you.

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2013, 05:45:58 PM »
I don't mind getting soaked.  Just don't shoot me in the face.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2013, 06:49:40 PM »
I don't mind getting soaked.  Just don't shoot me in the face.

Shoot them in the face back and they'll likely stop or lose their accuracy.

Anyway, here's Cedar Point's new B&M wing coaster. that's three in States now. Unless it's the 4d version where the seats rotate I don't think they'll be anything special enough to warrant that capital expense without anything unique to capture the public interest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEq7e60tV4g

Grapeslie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2013, 07:22:04 PM »
Just reading this thread gets me excited! I can pretty much confirm the 2015 attraction will be located on the former waterboggin site. I remember last fall I saw a few guys couple of them in suits walking the site and taking photos! So I'm pretty excited about what's coming! Swoosh who's your contact? Do we know the same person?   ;)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 07:22:46 PM by Grapeslie »
The Scariest Part Of The Ride Is The Lift Hill!